Grinding through the trash and digging Platinum !! (video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Myself (and a few others) had been hunting this Ripple Trough for a good 3 weeks now with varying results. One of my friends had dug a nice heavy Platinum band (10.95 grams) there a week and a half earlier and we had been picking away at silver earrings, charms, and a few small pieces of gold during that time as well.....The spot is loaded with iron and it really posed a big challenge for our iron eliminating Minelab machines....To make things worse, the beach area here had been slammed by Superstorm Sandy back in October 2012 and the beach had been cut way back....Alot of the sand that had ended up in the streets here had been bulldozed back onto the beach and a couple of coastal nor'easters since had cut that sand out exposing a ton of non-ferrous trash.....So if you are following me so far and you can appreciate what we were up against, then take a look at the video and maybe it will explain a little more of what I am talking about.....

Upvote 0

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding...way to stick it out.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going ! as always great vid. and very informative .

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So cool...I felt your frustration and your joy! Gives me hope. Thanks

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good vid....way to stick it out, nice plat!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great video presentation, Surfdigger!

I was frowning through most of the video as you were picking out the trash..... until you hit that ring..then this great big smile replaced the frown! :sunny: I love it!

Congratulations on taking us on another fine detecting adventure.

The area that you were hunting is so much like where I've been the past couple of days

Lorraine

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Great video presentation, Surfdigger!

I was frowning through most of the video as you were picking out the trash..... until you hit that ring..then this great big smile replaced the frown! :sunny: I love it!

Congratulations on taking us on another fine detecting adventure.

The area that you were hunting is so much like where I've been the past couple of days

Lorraine

Yes Lorraine..... that ripple trough has pretty much been our only salvation along this beach..... so far there have been at least three gold rings and two heavy platinum bands Dug from this RT..... oh and also a whole slew of silver jewelry.... so much iron down here.... it just keeps giving and giving !!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was huntin and when I came across an area it reminded me of one of your videos from last year, great ring ! , H.H capt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread