Grizzly Flats Area, California

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a lease in a claim on the steely fork in 2009 mike. We dredged through the ban until the road was impadsable. It was south of tow near th old railroad grade. There's an ancient river chanel that influences the area. The Amra claims are even farther south and east. We got TONS of mercury... if you get into some your in the right spot. Look for the waste piles where they worked the benches also.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of Grizzly Flats is private land. There is some limited public land to the southeast along the Steely Fork of the Cosumnes until you get to the private land around Henrys Diggings. Some of that area along the river below the Diggings is still unclaimed so you don't really need claim access to prospect there.

I spent many summer days near there (Volcano, Sutter Creek) as a child and we enjoyed finding the occasional nugget in the streams with grandma's pie tins. Beautiful country fond memories.

I made you a Grizzly Flats Map to help you find your way around there. Look around and use the i tool and I'm sure you will find a few spots to prospect.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Thanks everyone for the responses. I really appreciate the map Clay. I did some additional research on the area and discovered there have been claims here in the past and am hopeful. I might get out there at the end of the month and see what I can find.

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I had a lease in a claim on the steely fork in 2009 mike. We dredged through the ban until the road was impadsable. It was south of tow near th old railroad grade. There's an ancient river chanel that influences the area. The Amra claims are even farther south and east. We got TONS of mercury... if you get into some your in the right spot. Look for the waste piles where they worked the benches also.

Thanks GW. This claim is north of the Steely Fork. I'll let you know when I go.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North is good! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread