Grizzly gold pan question

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I have a grizzly gold pan and while I like its operation for test panning in bulk but find it a rather inconveint design. I am considering JB welding a set of Handles on to it to make it easier to work. Has anyone else thought about doing this?? I still have all my Garrett pans and Like them for clean up and to examin the concentrates from the grizzly but I do like how fast the grizzly works. Anyways any thoughts on adding handles...

Upvote 0

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey cedarratt ....You have to do what you feels is right....If you think it will work better for you put the handles on....I use the garret pans because they fit my small hands better than the others. It all comes down to what works for you....Art

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting idea.. How about using u channel (Facing toward the bottom) attatched to the long sides, extending a couple inches or so, far enough to mount the handles.. Then you could make a stand out of rods to fit the side rails so you could slide the pan back and forth on the stand, using one hand and feeding with the other.. Don't forget to tether the plug to the pan so you don't lose it.. I mounted a couple of thin aluminum strips on each side of the botton so I can't knock the plug out by accident..
Just a idea,
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread