Grocery shopping with the misses. ..grasshoper

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
When I give my card to the misses to grocery shop, I don't expect anything more than 30 cents per ounce. But, sadly, she brings back items that are easily over $1 per ounce. My take on things, is that you can easily buy 'generic' groceries for less than .30 cents per ounce. In fact, if it's more than 20 cents per ounce when I go to the store, I better have a darn good reason for buying it or I don't buy it.

So, just getting along, I'm stuck with string cheese and cubed ham snacks in the fridge.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
[/quote]

I'm with you on this one Tee :dontknow: I have no clue where you shop unless you're traveling to Europe to make these purchases. Most items in a store are well below $4.80/lb, unless you're talking meat. Even then, you can still get some good sales if you shop around. For $5.00 I can send you my money saving pamphlet "Things you can buy for under $.016/ounce". This and the cost of shipping $1.00, you can start saving immediately. :tongue3:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
texastee2007 said:
I don't drink so what does liqueur go for an ounce? You could save quite a bit right there.

Touché

For what it's worth, I'm now shopping for myself...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread