Grocery Store Clerk

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I happened to ask the clerk if she ever gets any half dollars in her register. She said she gets halves, and old silver dollars and other old coins plus two dollar bills. She said she keeps all the old coins, changes them out. The two dollar bills are still being made I know, you can order them from the bank, the old ones are rare to find though. I'm jealous, but if i worked around money I'd probably be so distracted looking for goodies I'd be fired. She wasn't my type,to have tried to sweet talk a deal with.

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that's been my experience as well. Tons of snipers on registers. I had a clerk switch out a blue seal $1 and I said " no I'll take that one!" She said "No, I'LL TAKE THAT ONE. " Every week I annoy her by asking if shes gotten any halves or big dollars. She once accidentally gave me a 40% half but that was two years ago. I still try though.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I frequent several gas station/convenience stores in my area and pay with halves and Ikes I don't need/want. There are several clerks who get really excited every time they see me coming. They need to educate themselves about what is truly worth more than face value!

OP
OP
walnuttree

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, gotta ask them. Back in 2004 I asked my bank teller if she had and silver dollars, this is the honest truth, she says she had 22 of them, I say how much, she says $22.00, I say OK I'll buy them. Morgans and peace dollars, I was in shock. Funny how I'd ask for years every time after that and they never had anymore, I bet someone else was sniping them, never got anymore. Sometimes you can only hit it once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread