Ground balance AT Gold to John-Edmonton

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was from a different post, but would like to hear from John or anyone with thoughts on this, Thanks..Here at 9000 ft in Colorado GB runs 75-85 and if you use iron audio it will tell you even a coin is iron most of the time. Wish someone could explain that? Funny we have a low place about 100 yds. across that auto balance will go bananas on. Makes funny noises and balances 0-12, what could cause that? Never anywhere else.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Pistol-pete, any livestock on the property? Or possible septic leach field? The Gold Hates any salts.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's strange. I live here in Colorado and have used my AT gold up high around me, same GB numbers as you and never had that problem. Down low in the Valleys with the alkali patches is another story though.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
This was from a different post, but would like to hear from John or anyone with thoughts on this, Thanks..Here at 9000 ft in Colorado GB runs 75-85 and if you use iron audio it will tell you even a coin is iron most of the time. Wish someone could explain that? Funny we have a low place about 100 yds. across that auto balance will go bananas on. Makes funny noises and balances 0-12, what could cause that? Never anywhere else.

Try resetting the machine..... hold the on/off button until it changes back to default mode. Then ground balance the unit again, with the sensitivity turned to half. That might correct it. Now go back to your favorite settings.

OP
OP
pistol-pete

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is miles from anywhere. Does this in the area only, just chatters and 0-12 on the GB. Lots of wildlife but nothing else. Reset it many times, no change. Thanks folks.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may have no reverence to your problem at all, on my AT Pro I was having random problems of the unit going crazy numbers jumping all over. I was about to send the unit back to Garrett and noticed when I did not have my cell phone on me the unit behave perfectly(carry my phone in my right front pocket near the detector control box). Did a couple of experiments and found that when the phone was searching for a signal, receiving a text etc. it would drive the detector crazy. Now I leave the phone in the truck. This may not have anything to do with your problem but thought might throw out just in case there is some type electronic signal in the area such as cell phone tower etc.

OP
OP
pistol-pete

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great thoughts Hal2k. Something to ponder. Don't think anyone has thought of this. I do carry a long range house phone in case I should need help. Still only does this in the same location. Thanks

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread