Ground balance

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting with my AT Gold and dis an auto balance. It got down to 00 amd was still chirping like a bird in the morning. Can anyone tell me what that means? In forests the GB is normally at 80-81 but in the desert its very low. I was just wondering if that meant lots of salt in the dirt or a lot of mineralization. Thanks everyone

Upvote 0

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Ace 350 was going crazy on a low battery. (one bar on the screen) Went to change it and found one battery was fuzzy and had corroded the chrome off the spring inside. Scraped the spring a little bit and installed fresh batteries and craziness went away.

Could have been a low battery issue, or removing the power reset the machine. You can soft reset the machine by holding the power button for 5 seconds and it'll beep twice.

It could also be a loose plug or cable.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balance in a clean area or it wont balance at all also make sure your coil wire goes straight up the shaft a good 5 to 6 inches your coil could be picking up the cable also factory reset try setting it manually to 80 the go down a few at a time till it settles good luck hope that helps!!!!!!! I spoke to Rusty at Garrett very gelpful he says if you can do factory rest GB then turn down some will help with depth also,

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector is brand new so im thinking it was a battery issue. The ground was very salty so that mighta had something to do with it too i think

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread