Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to GB mine righteously a few times a hunt, but for the past 3 months I haven't and I haven't noticed a difference. The only thing that I may have noticed is it may bring the readings in more accurately, but I am not totally sure of this because there are some places that even when I GB the readings would be a few numbers off (e.g. pennies will read 12.40-12.41 instead of 12.42-12.43)

With my Deus if I didn't GB most places at least 3 times I would notice a lot of falsing and the numbers would be off 5-8 points. Seems the CTX is very stable and may be tracking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to GB mine righteously a few times a hunt, but for the past 3 months I haven't and I haven't noticed a difference. The only thing that I may have noticed is it may bring the readings in more accurately, but I am not totally sure of this because there are some places that even when I GB the readings would be a few numbers off (e.g. pennies will read 12.40-12.41 instead of 12.42-12.43)

With my Deus if I didn't GB most places at least 3 times I would notice a lot of falsing and the numbers would be off 5-8 points. Seems the CTX is very stable and may be tracking.
Thats the same i noticed, makes no difference. .I know the e-trac didn't even have the option. .I also have the deus and u know u have to GB that..But for some reason these FBS dont seem to need it..
George

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an Auto function on an E-Trac and CTX, unless you feel the need to mess with what works best.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's an Auto function on an E-Trac and CTX, unless you feel the need to mess with what works best.

Thanks for this. I know the Etrac it is, but I felt the CTX was only simply because it responded so stable, but I like the ability to manually adjust it as well, or semi-manually I should say.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The e-trac does not have the option. .
The CTX does..Im asking if people use the manual? ?

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The CTX doesn't need ground balance due to the way it handles ground minerals (similar to a PI). It was only put in for extremely mineralized soils. It's also tricky to do properly - if you don't get it right the detector loses sensitivity dramatically.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all you CTX users, Who here ground balances?? I keep my off. Is there really a need to do it with this detector?
When i first got it I used ot and it seemed to be more chattery with it on..
Anybody chime in, let me hear ur thoughts..George

I see little if any difference either way. Even in salt water the CTX 3030 handles it great with it off for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread