Ground monitor display on the Time Ranger...

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
rumme,

I'll give you my opinion on the ground meter on the TR. I belive if you ground balance the tr in the all metal mode you will see the meter work...in some areas it will read different than it will in other areas. It isn't going to read an accurate reading in the disc. mode as the tr auto balances itself in that mode. Mine hardly ever reads anything other than 3 on the left side of the meter ( + or - I don't remember). Anyway,
one thing that might be of help, if you get in an area that has a lot of "chatter" you might try the manual GB and see if the meter reads different and it should because the chatter is usually caused by 2 things...either a very high concentration of metal trash or highly mineralized ground.

Tnredneck

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
I called kellyco and then I called First texas....and they both told me 2 different things..

keelyco said the meter should read in the ZERO area...and first texas told me the needle should be to the left of thje ZERO...pointuing at the 2 or 3 numeral...

Im a bit dissapointed that the manula doesnt give some detailed info on this display....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lucky the manual wasn't in Chinese.......... :D But it reads like Greek. What you learned from Kellyco is about right for a place that has so many new employees working that non of them detect.

What Tnredneck said is pretty much the way it goes. The meter won't always point to the same number at all locations because of minerials, etc. When you wave it over a target you will move the arrow to a different number and you may be able to see a correlation between the number and the finds after a while.

OP
OP
R

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
it seems that the needle is suppose to be to the left of the ZERO..and pointing at 2 or 3.....

the instruction manula for the T.R wasnt to bad...although it did not go into enough detail on the ground montor display.....Ohter then that, I was able to grasp all other features and controls after reading the manual several times...keeping in mind that I am a total newbie and never even heard of terms like " sniff, blanker, discrimination feature or all metal mode...etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread