Groundhog Day

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I living in the movie Groundhog day? It seem for days every time I check the spot of Silver, it's $21.71. What gives? Nobody buying or selling?

I know my computer is working because the Business section of my paper keeps printing the same number.

Just move, one way or the other so I'll know there is still an interest in Silver. I keep seeing the words describing Gold and Silver as Broken Assets. If they are truly broken, I wish they would both drop to single digits so I could load up.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO It's the Republicans and the Government Shutdown that's causing it. LMAO Keep Stacking

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you are getting your spot price from....

Kitco

silver.gif

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what point you are trying to make there Jason, but the closing spot prices of those 3 days are fairly close to each other. Maybe you are trying to prove the original poster's point?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no such thing as a "closing" price any more. One market closes, there is another one already trading and the price keeps changing.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You are correct in the sense that there is some market that is "open" almost 24 hours a day M to F, but there is still a Comex opening and closing price each day, as well as one for each of the different "markets" such as Australian, Hong Kong, etc.

Jim

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
LMAO It's the Republicans and the Government Shutdown that's causing it. LMAO Keep Stacking

As long as somehow they can delay Obamacare I will be happy; shut downs and defaults worry me less. Funny how cheaper and more open health care as once alleged will result in less coverage and higher prices, plus lots reduced hours for former full timers and/or lay offs by companies so they don't have to provide coverage, etc. I read that the IRS will levy the penalties for not having any or the "appropriate" coverage and they can take it right from your accounts. Hope and change for sure.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, I was getting the price from checking my Kitco setting, turning the TV to the Bloomburg Business channel, Fox Business News, ect at random points of the day. Just found it odd, or humorous the 21.71 kept popping up every time I checked. I figured it was moving around but not when I looked. Does that make sense? Maybe an attempt at humor.

Well, right now it's 21.74. A new number to look at.

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, the new term for this shutdown is, "Slim down". Tried to follow this thing. It gave me a headache. If the congress keeps giving exemptions, the whole damn government will be back open by next Monday. I was looking forward to less traffic on the roads for a few days. Live just southwest of DC. No way. Roads clogged as usual.

Keep Stacking? No way. Folding green is still the coin of the market place. Hard cold cash and no receipt will always get me a discount ranging from 10, 20 up to 30%. Can you say the same thing today with your dimes or quarters?

Have you seen the new $100 bills? Try holding a 10K bank banded stack of the new $100's up close to your face during the evening sunset with the orange sun making all those colors come alive while thumbing the stack like a deck of cards, feeling the slight breeze against your face, smelling the new ink, knowing the use of the real money of the market place will turn that 10K into at least 12K in real buying power. Wow, what a feeling. Almost like an organism. If you can still remember what that felt like.

As you always close LMAO. Love you Charlie. You are the Man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I've read the same things you mentioned, and some worse. Gawd, this is a fricking nightmare. Maybe I should have bought those two extra AK47's I was offered a few months back. In short time the entire country will be working 29 1/2 hours per week. With no insurance. Anyone with a sizable bank account might want to give it a second thought. PVC is cheap.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Lost You Mean This. LMAO Keep Stacking Everything Thing For Survival. LMAO

handful-of-cash.jpg

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, and if things keep going on their present path, you will need all that just to buy your weekly groceries. Remember post war Germany? Silver and gold will always hold value.

Lol you don't have to tell me brother Jason. Paper Rots, Coins Do Not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread