Group Hunt for 2

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
'Group Hunt' for 2

What a great weekend! Thank you TNet for making it possible.

Met up with 49'er and spent the weekend exploring and detecting on the eastern side of the state. Hit a couple of parks the first day, pulling up clad. But the best part - hardly no trash! It was great!
Next day spent looking for a ghost town, hitting a few more parks, and winding up at a great beach site just in time to get rained on. Well, the rain didn't last long, but by then it was getting late, so off to a nice dinner with his lovely wife. (The beach has great potential, can't wait to go back)

The last day was just about the most perfect day of MDing I've had yet. The weather was perfect, not too hot, no rain, a little breeze to keep the bugs off :) (Not to mention the good company :) :)) We went down along the river, across from an old power plant, massive bedrock sticking out into the river. Tried some crevice hunting, but being inexperienced with my new GMT, wasn't too sure how to interpret the signals I was getting. Went upstream and eventually found two old mines. One was huge, but on heavily posted private property, so no go. :( The other was small and looked like it was dug into ? shale?, the ceiling and walls full of cracks. So we collected some cool samples around the entrance, and headed down to the river to do some panning. Used our detectors to find the black sand concentrations and we both came away with a few flakes of gold!! No snakes and no bears all weekend... perfect. Oh, yeah... and I found a gold chain with a pendant along the river on my way over the mountains. (HAD to stop for a MD'ing fix ;D) So plenty of great finds for the weekend, but the absolute best part was meeting 49'er and his charming wife Carol, who are truly kind and generous people. We spent the evenings going over maps and books and research material and I don't know how his wife put up with us! Also, they're both jewelry makers and have quite a partnership creating beautiful peices together! All in all, a treasure hunters' ideal weekend, and I'll be happy to hunt with 49'er any chance I get.

So, all you west-siders, don't be uncertain about heading EAST... there's plenty of good places to hunt (and the weather's fine :icon_sunny:)

Kilika

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Re: 'Group Hunt' for 2

Was a wonderful weekend with Kilika over here on the east side of the state. Can not wait until our next adventure to post. Kilika is great company, a fantastic person and very adventurous. Dinners where great with good food to share among new friends. Plenty of more areas for us to explore for coins, ghost towns and that gold nugget.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 152
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 152

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro

Happy you guys had a good time. Do you know if St. Marys Mission in Omak allows detecting? I could call them I suppose....

OP
OP
K

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT

I'm not sure, but I think St. Mary's Mission is on the Reservation. So that would be a 'no go'. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's a National Historic Site.
But 49'er would probably know for sure.

Kilika

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Have not been to either of these places. Would you like to get together for a hunt at one or both places? Let me know
Jim

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 119
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 118

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread