Group Hunt - Patterson Park - Saturday March 15Th

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Looks like we all have the itch. Well I would like to get a group of people together for a group hunt in Patterson Park on Saturday March 8th March 15th if the weather cooperates. Just seeing who would be interested. Once we have a few people committed we will figure out a meeting time and location..

Thanks All,

Hope to see you there.

Ed.

We have five people so far, Jeff (MDGuy) Wayne (WhoKnows52), two newbies, and myself.. The more the better !!! Patterson Park has a lot to offer, From pre-civil war, during the civil war it was a Union camp, and many years before and after it has been a gathering place !!! Please join !!! Send me a e-mail..

Thanks..

[email protected]

Looks the rain is going to hit on the 8th so we will try the 15th. Meeting at the Pagoda at 10:00am.

Thanks all.

Ed.

alexndad

Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Starting out with Radio Shack
Re: Group Hunt - Patterson Park - Saturday March 8th

Good Luck to everyone, I am in the process of saving up for a new MD and will not be able to make it. MAKE SURE that you are well protected!!!!!! there are many unsavory characters in tha area. Keep the eyes on the back of your head WIDE open!!!
-Tom

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI

I'd like to join, but I don't have a permit. As "fast" as the city government works, I doubt I'll have one by hunt time!! HH!!!!!

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007

I haven't been asked for a balto city parks permit in many years.....

OP
OP
Sticks907

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000

whoknows52 said:
I haven't been asked for a balto city parks permit in many years.....

Thanks Wayne. I left a message for you on your cell.

I wasn't aware of a permit requirement. So now the question is, do you want to "Break the Law" by "Metal Detecting" in the wonder neighborhood of Patterson Park , where I think law enforcement officials should have better things to do with their time, like curbing the second highest homicide rate in the nation, then crack down on those felonious and evil metal detectorist? Hummm, Might get shot dealing with real crime....

Sorry Folks. I don't mean to rant, but Maryland sucks!!!

Well I'm still going to go and would like other to go as well. If you are traveling a great distance, like XTerraDon, you may wish to reconsider.

Again, My apologies.

Thanks,

Ed.

piedmont

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland

Great Location. Safety wise I think you all will be fine during the day on a weekend. Probably the main dangers will be: dog doo and the curious undereducated.

We helped drain the boat lake a few years ago. No really great finds, a few knives and one corroded handgun.

Happy Hunting

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007

looks like we might be looking for a rain date!!!!!

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
According to the weather reports, I think the rain is going to hold off until later in the day Saturday, after raining Friday night, which should make the ground a little wet (good hunting condition) so I'm still looking at Saturday at 10:30 or so, if I don't hear anything different......Wayne

OP
OP
Sticks907

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Wayne, I heard rain in the morining then clearing , then rain at night.. I hope it is early, early morning..

I will see you there at 10:30....

thanks,

Ed.

alexndad

Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Starting out with Radio Shack
Let us know how you did......the weather is a perfect spring day. I should know, my allergies have kicked in worse today than ever - I can't even leave the house!!!!! Good Luck!!

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
WE made it to Patterson park Saturday morning, its was a great day, nobody bothered us, we hunted about 3+ hrs, got some fresh air, a lil exercise, some clad, a couple of wheaties, and I met two nice people, all in all I'd say it was a good day...looking forward to doing it again real soon.....Wayne

OP
OP
Sticks907

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Wayne, Thanks.. It was nice meeting you as well. I really had a good time and I would like to do it again very soon. How does 2 weeks sound? My legs were hurtin' yesterday and a bit today which must mean I'm not getting out enough.. Let me know how your schedule looks..

Talk to you soon,

Thanks.
Ed.

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
Hey Ed, I,m working this weekend and next weekend, then off the following two weekends, maybe we can get a Saturday in...I think the last area we worked might yield so good stuff a little deeper down...Wayne

OP
OP
Sticks907

Sticks907

Mar 10, 2007
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
All,

I must apologise, I will not be able to make it tomorrow. My truck broke down today and I will be needing the day to fix it.

Good Luck.

Ed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread