***Group Hunt Posponed***

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I knew some places for the group hunt.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we're checking out some spots this weekend........don't give up yet,we need suggestions,do state parks have the same regs as FPs?

Last edited:

Whoknows

Greenie
Feb 18, 2012
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 E-Trac Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we're checking out some spots this weekend........don't give up yet,we need suggestions,do state parks have the same regs as FPs?

Metal detecting is only allowed in certain state parks with a permit. The permit is usually free but the hours are usually very limited. For example Illinois State Beach you can only MD from sunrise till 10am only on the beach. Most of the state parks that do allow usually have a beach access.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup,been to Zion......and they have that big ass telescope to watch ya with

AcRellik

Apr 5, 2012
Northern IL -Southern WI
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250/pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this sucks!!!!!!!!! I was really looking forward to meeting all you guys. Learning all the right ways to do things and what I might be doing wrong . and hunting with others would be great for a change .... I don't know many spots but will keep looking. Does anyone know anyone with a big farm field that is not Plowed and ready seed or already seeded ? that might be a good group hunt spot , Im just throwing it out there..

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
All group hunts bring on real risk unless everyone is on the same page and the site is a solid-carved-in-stone huntsite.

A lot of places in other parts of America, even some in Illinois are just far less concerned with being into the whole Gladys Kravitz re-enactment routine.
thumbnail.aspx

But there will be more Bomber-originated get togethers. It's fate.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
count on it,was going to bring it to the lake but may is still iffy,looks like thats the only place left.........lake hunt in june,doing my first dive/decting of the season sat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread