Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this post should probably go in the best finds forum, but I was hoping the moderator would let this get a little more visibility here at least for a bit. My current relic hunting season is pretty much a done deal due to planting, but I still may be able to get in a couple of short hunts at 2 of my pounded sites if conditions permit. In the meantime, thought I'd drag out all my finds made since last fall and put them in one group shot in addition to a couple of close-ups. Please click on the pics to enlarge for viewing. I didn't realize how much it was until I put it all together. As is my usual practice, I like to keep my finds separated by site in labeled boxes which provides further documentation in addition to my posts which I print out in color and put in protective document holders in a 3-ring binder. After having an outstanding season last year I thought it would be very difficult to even approach that level this year, but somehow I was able to pull it off thanks to several very productive sites. I also want to take this opportunity to thank my primary hunting buddy and good friend Dan as his stellar research and door knocking skills helped us get into a couple of killer sites this year. He's a fun guy to hunt with, and our friendly competition always helps to push each other that much harder in our quest for relics. I also want to recognize my friends Stan and Joey for their generous invites and the good times we had. Overall I ended up with 24 colonial silver coins bringing my total over the last 15+ years to 149. If I could just squeeze out one more I could achieve 2 awesome milestones at the same time, but it doesn't look like that will happen this season. I also dug a nice handful of non-colonial silver this year as well. Other highlights included 5 early 1700s bottle seals, a 9" clay pipe and bowl from the same period, a gorgeous mid-to-late 1600s reconstructed delftware plate, some rare and unusual coins and tokens, several complete colonial buckles, not to mention hundreds of buttons and other early artifacts. I also did an extraordinary amount of pit digging this season which was a load of fun as well as quite productive. Very soon I'll be starting work on a few magazine articles (including some for W&E Treasures) summarizing my season in addition to a couple of tutorials on colonial wine bottle seals and clay pipes. I also want to thank all the posters on this forum for their support, and I think I've made quite a few new web friends as a result. Thanks again for looking, and HH to all ..... Bill

Attachments

• 2012-13 finds1.JPG
    2012-13 finds1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 393
  • 2012-13 finds2.JPG
    2012-13 finds2.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 2012-13 finds3.JPG
    2012-13 finds3.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 2012-13 finds4.JPG
    2012-13 finds4.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 2012-13 finds5.JPG
    2012-13 finds5.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 2012-13 finds6.JPG
    2012-13 finds6.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 301
  • 2012-13 finds7.JPG
    2012-13 finds7.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 2012-13 finds8.JPG
    2012-13 finds8.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Upvote 9

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
You did good this year bud! I need to do a year in review at some point as well. I apologize as I have been swamped with work the past few weeks. Water season is approaching...I have much to do inland this year but perhaps we can get you out and do some colonial water hunting!

HH

Dan

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,
You did good this year bud! I need to do a year in review at some point as well. I apologize as I have been swamped with work the past few weeks. Water season is approaching...I have much to do inland this year but perhaps we can get you out and do some colonial water hunting!

HH

After a friend of Stan's found this awesome sealed bottle in the low tide muck recently I think I could get interested in a little boat trip along the shoreline.

Stans friends seal.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions