Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've probably finished digging at my new, productive site for the season due to tall weeds and clover that have taken over the fields here. Unfortunately, this property will soon be sold so my prospects for returning are unknown. But it was fun while it lasted for me and my 5 digging buddies who I brought with me individually to the site, and all made some nice finds. As a summation, here are a couple of photos showing my collective recoveries. The first is a shot of all the keepers, and the second is a close-up of some of my favorites (click to enlarge for better detail). If not for utilizing my plywood technique, some of the better items would still be in the ground. Anyway, it was a blast to search this historic site and be able to share it with many of my long-time friends and hunting partners.

Attachments

• 032717b.jpg
    032717b.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 300
  • 032717a.jpg
    032717a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
Upvote 38

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a totally rad early-season bud. I'm glad you got some amazing finds. Many in that pile are still on my list: trapezoidal & spectacle, spoon with a touch mark, engraved 17th C spoon, and an early token. You're da man Bill!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for always sharing your great finds its very inspiring I would love just one of those artifacts for my display case I love History.. I will be buying your book also. Thanks again stay safe look forward to more great poast form you!!! Tommy

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you so much for always sharing your great finds its very inspiring I would love just one of those artifacts for my display case I love History.. I will be buying your book also. Thanks again stay safe look forward to more great poast form you!!! Tommy

You're welcome Tommy. I was very fortunate to find this small site hidden in a remote corner of a 500 acre property, and that it contained some early and unique artifacts. And speaking of my book, I've needed to make some last minute changes so I could incorporate some of these latest finds. Thanks for your interest in the book, and hopefully it will help you in finding and recovering some great artifacts in your neck of the woods.

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs, I'd sleep on a site like this :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul,, maybe the current owner will put in a good word with the new owner.
Congrats on what you were able to save.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread