Growing up

Stormyrock

Dec 6, 2022
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20221209_124432.jpg
I had a very outdoor childhood. And to many times kids are getting handed phones or tablets to keep them busy. I refuse. I hand mine a shovel, a stick or a rock .
If they fall. Rub some dirt on it. Tell them there strong Then hug them.
Say please and thank you. And appreciate everything. From a pebble to a dimond.. alway offer a helping.
Like a few weeks ago we drove past a older lady in her front yard picking up limbs that fell out of her tree. As we passed I thought she might appreciate an extra hand. So I turned around and me and kiddos got out and offered help. It took only about 8 minutes. Of our time. But I restored her faith in the youth she said and it showed my kids much more than that.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2059496 I had a very outdoor childhood. And to many times kids are getting handed phones or tablets to keep them busy. I refuse. I hand mine a shovel, a stick or a rock .
If they fall. Rub some dirt on it. Tell them there strong Then hug them.
Say please and thank you. And appreciate everything. From a pebble to a dimond.. alway offer a helping.
Like a few weeks ago we drove past a older lady in her front yard picking up limbs that fell out of her tree. As we passed I thought she might appreciate an extra hand. So I turned around and me and kiddos got out and offered help. It took only about 8 minutes. Of our time. But I restored her faith in the youth she said and it showed my kids much more than that.
Good for you. The kids are having some fun, creative free time. It's a balance. If your kid's DON'T get familiar with, and stay up to date on hand held tech, they will be outcasts in today's and tomorrow's young adult world. It's an ugly truth. Good luck to you! Great looking kids. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Stormyrock

Stormyrock

Dec 6, 2022
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. The kids are having some fun, creative free time. It's a balance. If your kid's DON'T get familiar with, and stay up to date on hand held tech, they will be outcasts in today's and tomorrow's young adult world. It's an ugly truth. Good luck to you! Great looking kids. Keep up the good work.
Thank you and I do agree with the getting them familiar to hand held tech. I just always want them to keep those good old values. As long as they grow up and still open a door for someone instead of looking at there phone I will be happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread