Grrrrr Very Frustrating Decision. Can you assist me 53silver?

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Hi folks,

I live in Central Indiana and am looking at the AT Pro or the Tesoro Deleon. What are your thoughts? I will mostly be hunting old schools, parks and fields. Probably will not do too much water or beach hunting. I mainly hunt for silver, clad and jewelry. Any feedback you can provide would be great. I also considered the Tesoro Outlaw but no screen scares me for some reason. I watched all of 53slivers videos but I just cant decide!!!! Also I am open to pretty much any other suggestion. I have about a grand I can spend.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't used the Deleon but I do have an At Pro and I've used & own a wide variety of detectors including the E-Trac, Vx3, MXT Pro, Vaquero, Outlaw & several other mid-lower end machines.

The AT Pro keeps impressing me each and every time I use it. In my opinion, it is the best all round machine out there. It's fast, deep, easy to use, the best audio feedback to the user I've ever used and I love it. It's my "go to" detector! I've all but quit using all my others because I think the ATPro is that good!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here I have the Atpro & its a great machine & can b used basically everywhere it was my goto but im into more anylizing stuff & upgraded to the whites v3i which I cant put down unless its raining out my Atpro comes out with vengence lol. I havent used the deleon but will admit it does look like a very nice machine & I would like to try it out sometime. Also with garret u dont have to worry if something ever breaks on u or whatever garret takes very good care of there people ive expeirenced first hand silly thing like my rubber handle came off my digger, they sent me a brand new 1 for free they r awesome & same as whites & thats y I stick with these guys to me no other companies compare

OP
OP
Warshrike

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Both of you have mentioned either the VX3 or V3I. I also considered the VX3. how hard is it to learn?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vx3 I havent used so not sure on that one the v3i does have programs & can b used out of the Box but honestly if it would b a first detector I wouldnt recomend it it can b pretty over whelming with the basically everything u can change I got around 55 hours on it & it still learning it

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both of you have mentioned either the VX3 or V3I. I also considered the VX3. how hard is it to learn?
It's really not that hard to learn. A lot less to it than the V3i. All the same hardware, just different software. I still wouldn't recommend it as a first detector.

Get the AT Pro! It's really easy to learn, it has more than capable performance, waterproof to 10', outstanding audio feedback & all around great detector.
I was out with my Vx3 today for a while...switched back to the ATP because I feel its audio communicates better with the user. The Vx3/V3i are a lot more visual dependent.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was new to detecting new to #'s & so fourth Atpro all the way just because the vx3, is 1200 & v3i around 1800 dont make it any easier to detect & the Atpro will.keep right up & these big dogs run from the water lol Atpro is fearless but for a first till u start to get the hang of vdi #'s filters disc gains sat a while lot of stuff dont overwhelm urself with it it may frustrate u & not want to detect

OP
OP
Warshrike

Warshrike

Nov 1, 2009
Yeah. Looks like I am going with the ATPro. May opt for the 5x8 coil as well. Going to buy from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies. Awesome guy with the best pricing.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice choice its a very good detector & the way it performs ud think.it was a $2000 machine id definetly consider the 5x8 changes up the whole machine way it separates, weight, just a great detector & dought id ever get rid of mine that & its the only one i can take in the water lol

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my at pro ..i was thinking of getting the Tesoro Deleon but it has fixed ground balance:dontknow: ...AT pro has automatic an manual !:laughing7: .. i like to hunt different grout types like the beach in the wet sand ... and i hunt for deep silver so haveing ground balance is key

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my at pro ..i was thinking of getting the Tesoro Deleon but it has fixed ground balance:dontknow: ...AT pro has automatic an manual !:laughing7: .. i like to hunt different grout types like the beach in the wet sand ... and i hunt for deep silver so haveing ground balance is key

Im just curious what r u like looking for that the pro doesnt offer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread