GTAx 550, YES or NO?

stevejco

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
Hi All! Great site. Wish all this info was available when I first started MDing 20 yrs ago. Took a seven yr break now I'm back. I could use some advise on new MDs. Have chosen the ACE 250 for my two boys to use when they go with me. This would also be my back up MD. I'm looking for a mid lvl ( $500 give or take) with multi use capabilities. Hunt some beaches as well as coins and relics here in the North East. The IDX pro seems like a popular choice. I'm also looking at the Garrett GTAx 550 but haven't heard much info on it. Maybe because it's fairly new? I have only read a 2 or 3 reviews on this and there wasn't enough info to convince me one way or the other. Has anyone actually used the GTAx 550? If so what did you think? I am open to suggestions. I can't wait to get back to the hunt! Thanks Steve

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

I have no experience with that one, but i've had 2 garrett deepseekers. Since you have a garrett i.would suggest trying another brand. Presently i have 2 Minelabs, EXP II, Musketeer Advantage and a whites dfx, and frankly from my experience they out perform the garretts. The idx you mention has the I.D. and would be a good choice. Not trying to sell you on whites or minelab. But for the price of the garrett, theres better performing detectors out there. Which ever one you choose, good luck and enjoy. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread