GTAx1000

OzarkHunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
GTA 1000, White's Spectrum 1991
Greetings,

I have owned since new a GTAx1000. When you "swing" the detector I get chirps like something is loose and I suspect the sensitivity is not all there. Any ideas on what may have happened? I also have noticed the "boot" at the coil end has never quite fit snug over the connection. The screen does not reset, the readout acts as if nothing electrical has occurred.

redbird

Jul 29, 2005
i had a similar issue with mine a while back, the display was all screwed up, the cause was water on the circuit board, i had to disassemble the thing down to the board and dry it out real good, has worked fine ever since, if it got wet, that may be the problem, if you decide to get rid of it instead of repairing it, i may be interested in buying it

doitallsa

Jan 23, 2008
I doubt its the seach coil, because mine is doing the exact same thing and I ordered a new search coil and it didnt correct the problem

doitallsa

Jan 23, 2008
Sometimes if you are having this problem, your thresholcl or surface elimination settings are too high. Try turning them down some.

OP
OP
O

OzarkHunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
GTA 1000, White's Spectrum 1991
I will buy the coil if you want to part with it. I will buy a used coil from anyone who has one, 8" or larger. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread