GTI 1500 ?s

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
There is no simple answer where gold can be found on the GTI 1500 or any metal detector for that matter. Gold will read in different areas on the GTI 1500 screen, depending on it's size, the K value (10K, 14K,18K,24,) and what the gold is amalgamated with. Having said that, gold often times shows up in the worst possible place, which is pulltabs. If you don't dig pulltabs, you can miss a lot of gold. I have noticed a pattern with gold rings, which is the higher the K value, higher it can read on the screen. I have dug 14K rings at the same area where pennies read. Tiny, thin gold rings can read in the left side of the screen in the foil area.

Sometimes the tones give a hint also. A gold ring tends to have a softer tone, the same in all directions, A pull tab can give a harsher tone, due to the many more eddies coming off the corners or rough edges on a pull tab.

Another good piece of advice is to hunt areas where there is a higher probability of rings being lost. Sports fields come to mind as well as beaches.

Hope this helps. Good luck and I hope you pull out some gold this year. The GTI 1500 is a very capable detector. The imaging feature should also help you save time by leaving a lot of junk in the ground.

gti1500p.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread