GTI 2500 Gone Nuts!

Contractor1900

Jun 17, 2005
Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to assume this has happened to someone else, so please point me in the direction of a previous post of someone who has a similar problem.

Fired up my GTI 2500 for the first time this season, fresh batteries.. and it is just going nuts! Treasure talk is spitting out random words and depths, no setting is working, can't turn treasure talk off, nothing is making sense. I pulled the batteries to make sure they were all installed correctly but nothing seems to help. It has been stored inside my house since last summer. Any help would be appreciated.

The unit is about 4 years old and hasn't been used nearly as much as I would like to be.

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had similar happen to me. Check the pinpoint button. Or the mode...sometimes those buttons stick up under the edge of the slot there. In my case it was the pinpoint button. Then remove and reinstall the batteries...and reset to factory defualts.
If that doesnt do it, check your coil. See if there is a break or tear in the insulation and make sure the connection is secure to the detector. If none of those work, give Garrett a call. You can also check their website. They have some info on this type of situation there. Other than that, send it in to them. They can fix it pretty fast usually with good turnaround time and they are very reasonable in their charges. Good luck.

Contractor1900 said:
I have to assume this has happened to someone else, so please point me in the direction of a previous post of someone who has a similar problem.

Fired up my GTI 2500 for the first time this season, fresh batteries.. and it is just going nuts! Treasure talk is spitting out random words and depths, no setting is working, can't turn treasure talk off, nothing is making sense. I pulled the batteries to make sure they were all installed correctly but nothing seems to help. It has been stored inside my house since last summer. Any help would be appreciated.

The unit is about 4 years old and hasn't been used nearly as much as I would like to be.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Goldchaser is right. I had a button stick down on mine when I had it, Had me baffled for a few until I figured it out. You might try a factory reset aswell. Good luck, Hope its an easy fix.

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Yep I had the power botton stick under the edge of the housing once. Screen had every single display lit and I freaked out a little till I figured it out.

TG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread