GTI 2500 issue...

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know whats going on, but if its hot outside, my GTI will go fine for 15-20 minutes and then just sound off like I taped a beer can to the coil. I push the image search/pinpoint button and release it and the screech gets higher in pitch. I have to turn it off and let it sit in the shade for 10-15 minutes and then it'll be good for 15-20. It's getting worse and happening a lot more frequently. I don't know if the heat/sunlight is doing it or not, because it's always hot here...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like moisture in controll box.open that puppy up and dry in a non humid spot for at least a day.Other than that if you are running the coil on wet grass than its time for a week on the dashboard upside down then a healthy coating of truck bed liner.
good luck and let us know

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I think it's a coil problem. It either has some moisture in it, or the inductance/tuning of the coil goes out of wack with the expansion/contraction of the coil. Try a different coil if you can to rule out if it's the coil or not, otherwise, call Garrett 1 800 527 4011.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread