gti 2500 question

Lotsawhatzits

Jan 9, 2009
I've had my gti 2500 for a few weeks now. I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. Sometimes when I dig up something iron I won't get a signal if I run it under the coil after it's out of the ground. I mostly hunt with zero discrimination. I also noticed that when I find something with all metal, and switch to zero disc I won't get a signal, but after digging it seems something big and shallow enough that it should have given a signal in zero. Any advice?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That piece of iron, had an aurora of oxide (rust) around it, and the detector read it as a larger target. After you removed it, you destroyed the rust, making the detector read a much smaller target. That is normal with all brands.

As for your other question. Zero discrimination will have a cut off point where it won't read a metalic target anymore. However, the true all metal mode WILL pick up every piece of metallic substance.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I have a scorpion and keep it at slightly plus signal to pick up gold. With my hearing loss, it helps with other objects a great deal.

The GTI 2500 is good for prospecting also. I'm not sure, but this might help you out also. Check with a local dealer if there is one around you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread