Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that could be due to a thousand things. a shortage of any number of parts. a key manufacturing process with a nagging problem. a key piece of manufacturing machinery broken down, brisk sales ( they have been advertising them to death lately), etc,etc,etc. i wouldn't worry too much. ;) :)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where did you order it from? There are a lot of places that sell garrett and then turn around and order the detector from kellyco

D

Doctor Detroit

I was told that some mail order places wait till they have enough orders to request a drop from the distributor. Where did you order it from?

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Suncoast on ebay.

They mentioned that they asked the warehouse to drop-ship it to me, sounding like that was how they normally did business. The abnormal part was the warehouse saying that they didn't have any to ship right now... Or maybe that is normal.

I am not unhappy, yet, but I guess I had the naive thought that things on ebay were actually "in-hand", not invoiced to be drop-shipped. I guess I am dating myself :-\

I can't complain on the deal. I am certainly getting my monies worth, even if I wait a few weeks.

Thanks for the replies.

If this turns out to be a bad deal, I will report it here, and visa-versa.

Paul

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Trescher said:
Suncoast on ebay.

They mentioned that they asked the warehouse to drop-ship it to me, sounding like that was how they normally did business. The abnormal part was the warehouse saying that they didn't have any to ship right now... Or maybe that is normal.

I am not unhappy, yet, but I guess I had the naive thought that things on ebay were actually "in-hand", not invoiced to be drop-shipped. I guess I am dating myself :-\

I can't complain on the deal. I am certainly getting my monies worth, even if I wait a few weeks.

Thanks for the replies.

If this turns out to be a bad deal, I will report it here, and visa-versa.

Paul

I wouldn't worry and most likely everything will work out just fine.

I personally order only from well established dealers who have detector stores.

However, there is one possible advantage in buying from a dealer who simply has his detectors drop-shipped from the factory. With these machines you can be pretty sure you're not getting a demonstrator or return.

See, small dealers who offer refunds have to get rid of those returns somehow. Some just repact them and send them back out as new. It all comes down to ones definition of "new." There have been some postings here in the past where someone got a scratched coil or detector packed and sold as new.

Read dealer info closely and communicate with them. Most offer refunds minus 10-30% and others offer full 100% refunds. Make it clear you don't want a return. Most will claim they never do this (and probably most don't) but by making yourself clear there's less chance of any games.

So, the sum is, don't worry, be happy. :)

Badger

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Just got my tracking number, so the issue must have been temporary.

I should have it by Monday.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread