GTI2500 or AT PRo. . . which one?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

I have been looking at the AT Pro, but I have spent a little time looking at the GTI2500 as well. Which one would be best for all around hunting in every situation (I know no detector is perfect in every situation).

Give me the pros and cons.

Thanks all and HH

Pulltab

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is 1 pro for me .....You can hunt water with the AT Pro.....never crossed my mind to buy the 2500

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Have the 2500...it's a great detector, it discriminates very well and can double as a 2 Box deep seeker with the Treasure hound coils. It goes deep. I've dug coins at 16 inches. It can go into shallow water just don't get the electronics wet.

I'm buying the AT Pro (talked into it by Kayden) I've seen it in action out hunting with Kayden. Dollar for dollar it's probably the best all around detector on the market in my opinion. Use it on land or water; its completely submersible to 10 feet. It will do most anything that you want, discriminates well and has nice tones.

Salt water beaches you'll need a P.I. detector. I use the Fisher pulse8x. Found some nice Spanish cobs with it that I might have missed with another detector because of the mineralization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread