gti2500 users in here

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have been using one for many years and have done very well with mine. I use the true all metal mode to hunt areas with deep known targets. I use the 12.5" imaging coil to cover large areas faster and get a little more depth. The sniper coil in true all metal mode with the sensitivity cranked up gets awsome depth and works well hunting for relics in the woods, especialy in hard to get into places. Good luck with yours.,...you will notice an increase in good finds as you get profficient with it. The best accuracy you get related to imaging is dependent on how well centered the coil is over the target.

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll love the GTI 2500 once you get used to the weight. Have found a ton of stuff with mine. The small sniper coil is a must it gets good depth for its size and is great in trashy area's. Agree with the other poster about the imaging I dig is all so the imaging is just a bonus before I dig.

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
I upgraded from an ACE 250 a couple of years ago. I find that using the GTI 2500 I dig less trash. And the All-Metal mode is great. Even though it is a little heavy, I don't have any problem swing it.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
congrats on your purchase :thumbsup: ya got a great machine and garrett customer service is top notch. be safe and happy hunting

huntinghunter

Mar 26, 2009
Waynesboro, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I HAVE HAD MINE AND LOVE IT, I HAVE FOUND ALOT OF STUFF WITH IT. IT TAKES SOME TIME TO GET USED TO, BE PATIENT WITH IT AND YOU WILL DO FINE.

Pickpan

Nov 17, 2009
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I'm fairly new to the GTI 2500 and being used to my Whites TDI it's a new ballgame. The past 2 outings I was getting 25cent signals and dug up everything from nuts, nails, pennies and other trash. I put a quarter on the ground and it read a crisp 25cents. I then pulled up a plug, threw the quarter in, put the plug in and didn't even get a signal. We're talkin' 6 inches here! I reset the machine prior to hunting so it's (supposedly) back to factory settings. My question is do I need to manually GB the machine? I was under the impression it's a "turn on and go" machine. Please bear with me, I normally use a Whites TDI. Pickpan...

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
first of all I really don't know why there are complaints about the weight its not that bad don't worry about it ...adjust the length and you will be OK ...used 2500 gti for about five years now its a great machine easy to use you made the right choice...
I also use Minelab Explorer SE pro between the two the garrett is a walk in the park to learn to use the minelab is a total differant
story and I wont go there good hunting :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say that compared with contemporary detectors on the market, the GTI 2500 is very heavy. But I admit, I have had a very serious back injury and had a lot of trouble using my 2500 for over 30 to 45 minutes at a time because of the weight. I sold my GTI 2500 for that very reason although I really liked it's performance. Now I have an AtPro that is much lighter and I am thankful that I am now back in the Garrett family. Monty

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am first a true believer Garrett is awesome. with their metal detectors. One thing I would check is to see what the ser# is for your machine. If it is a late model chances are the ground balance chip is outdated. Just get the ser# and then call Garrett and they can let you know right away. there service also is extraordinary. They call you and let you know what is going on with your detector. A great company. I also read the comment from pickpan speaking about digging nails and all at the quarter signal. Seriously, I have never had that problem. Maybe a bug in the detector. I have had mine since 2003, and with the new update, its even better. Being heavy is not a concern for me neither. The weight it is there, but this way i feel a little more in control of the detector instead of the detector being in control of me. (yes I am a control freak) If the weight is too heavy, then just use the battery clip and place it on your belt. Takes the majority off. I have not had any problem with the weight.

I can tell you though by far this is a top of the line detector. Allot of people may disagree with me but these are my comments. I have read allot about all the detectors that are out there. I also feel for anyone that has to make the choice. There are just so many. You made a great choice. Good luck and happy hunting!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't beat that GTI on the Garretts i am moveing up from the GTI 1500 ,, Toooo the GTI 2500...You can't beat Garrett's service either....... I called them yesterday about a older Garrett i was to buy..... told them it did not have the video or owners manual............. and that i misplaced the dvd to my 1500.......... they told me they would sent me my 1500 DVD and the owners manual and video of the older Garrett detector HOW MUCH was this going to cost me............... NOTHING FREE THE WHOLE THING ..............2 VIDEOS AND OWNERS MANUAL ... and no shipping fee NO COST TO ME............ >>>>>

Attachments

• AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 232
  • AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 228

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
garrett customer service is awesome, i needed a couple new battery holders for my gta 1000 which is now my back up detector, so i called to buy a pair. all customer service asked for was my name and address and a couple days later i had new battery holders at my house for FREE.. :hello2:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mr. Jody I don't think you'll be sorry you chose the 2500. I have a 250, 150, Scorpion,2500, and an old garrett Master hunter. The are all great machines. Now all you need to go with is the Pro Pointer to go along with it. You want regret buying one of them. Good Luck, and Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread