steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old post but I will add....

I just got a GTP1350 and was disappointed on it's depth using the stock 7x10 elliptical coil. With my experience with Fishers, I went ahead and got an 8.5x11DD coil for the GTP1350. Huge difference!

I also got the 10x14 and it adds depth on a larger coin, but I don't think I could swing it. Just too much weight and awkward balance when the detector itself is a little heavy to start with using 8AA batteries.

Great detector, I'm glad I added it to my collection.....

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extra money should be put towards a new detector, not a coil for a 1350. Coils can be expensive.
Peace

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing with the GTP1350 recently discontinued, that's why the coils are cheap if you can find them, less that $100 new.

As with the Fisher stock 10" ellipticals, the Garrett 10" ellipticals suck too. This DD coil made a huge difference, even being 7khz, it's only a few inches behind my F70, and about even when the F70 is running in the discriminate mode.

The reason I got the GTP1350 recently? It's got the profiling feature I wished I had after watching a friend use and demonstrate it to me in many hunts, and he made me a deal I couldn't pass up.

I do wished they had a way for it to run all metal mode, kicking out the discrimination circuit. If you scan while pinpointing, I get another 4 inches or so out of it.

In closing I believe there's a reason the few new GTP1350s that are left, are selling for the same price with a crappy elliptical coil as a new AT Pro with the 11DD coil.

Cheers and happy hunting

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread