Guess ill hunt today

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the (Today,s Finds ) section and since the rain seems to be moving out ,
I suppose Ill go hunt a little today , I just don't know where ; Coin or Relic that is the Question.

I,m thinking relic , I really do not feel like dealing with any people today & maybe a Coin will turn up:dontknow: Wish me luck please , I need it ::notworthy:

Ill beg my wife tonight to help me with any pics, if I find anything worthy to show.

If wish everyone else luck as well.

Davers.............:thumbsup:-------OUT!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck, I wish I could go detecting, but I'd have to shovel the snow first, then I would need a jackhammer to break thru the frozen ground...cry, well maybe in 3 or 4 months. Mike
you ever see those torches That roofers use that hook up to a grille type propane tank how desperate are you?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more week of deer season and I can get out make that 2 we have a youth hunt last weekend .

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers best of luck! Keep at it we all get into slumps. T Net may still be having trouble post'n pics.

JH I could have used that torch today, 3 " of frozen ground, ended up with blisters on my palm from trying to pry my goodies out of the frozen tundra!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck, I wish I could go detecting, but I'd have to shovel the snow first, then I would need a jackhammer to break thru the frozen ground...cry, well maybe in 3 or 4 months.

Mike

Sorry to hear that, bur at least the snow keeps everyone else away from the relics as well.

Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
One more week of deer season and I can get out make that 2 we have a youth hunt last weekend .

Man.. It's that dangerous to get out in your parts?

If I recall right , All of my County & most of the area I hunt is limited to Bow only [ I believe bow season starts 1st Oct-or Nov] but dont know if one can use a bow through the end of firearms season tho:icon_scratch: .

I see older (home maid) type stands all the time many wont hold a Blue Jay anymore.

That makes me ? would I rather get shot by an arrow or a gun I suppose it depends the cal, and where your hit.???
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers best of luck! Keep at it we all get into slumps. T Net may still be having trouble post'n pics.

JH I could have used that torch today, 3 " of frozehttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3769116n ground, ended up with blisters on my palm from trying to pry my goodies out of the frozen tundra!

Man yall are making me cold. lol

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry BC1969 ( I type real slow)-The answer is---

First thanks to all for the good vibes sent my way yesterday.

I went to a site not too far from where I live That I came across last year (After seeing an old Wagon type wheel in the bank of a creek........( 10 min, lapse Wife had to complain/nag) :BangHead::BangHead: Anyway , from what I can tell was where a small "Skirmish" took place:

First last Jan or Feb I found a patch of Spencer Cases (all fired) & a few dropped Spencer Cartridges all in a id, say 20X 20 ft, area with squashed (fired) minies all around and up the hill side & from what I can tell the fired rds, consist of Enfield's , A couple Gardner's and diff, 3 ringers with a couple nice "Georgia teat base 3 ringers that were dropped IMO about 100-125 Yards from the main area .( I did post pics of these on todays finds back in Feb, I think it was)

I have hunted the area about 3-4 times since the first usually finding at least 1 fired minie but since the fall I have gone back 3 times the first time found 2 fired minies but the last 2 I dug at least 8 fired /Squashed minies & 1 44 or 36 cal pistol bullet ( fired but not in real bad shape).

Yesterday I dug about 10 more fired Minies with over half in good enough shape to tell what kind they were.:icon_thumright: I also found that coin I was looking for a 1960s Cent.

Just one more comment ; There is a lot of hot rock in the area & when I first hunted it I used my XLT in relic mode & the last 3 hunts were using my Tejon that IMO handles the hot rock much better ( tho it is a slow go) ;I'm just surprised at how many targets I missed before be it me the machine or the butt load of rain we have gotten lately.
& these soldiers must have been naked cause the only type of brass to come from the area is of the shotgun type oh and those dare 22 longs I must have pulled 60+ from this area.

So what it boils down to is in my opinion a few Fed,s had a real BAD DAY....

Sorry for the long post & no pics.
Best of luck ...Davers........:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey kewl digs, hope you find many more
think the pics thing is fixed now.

Mike

Thanks for the reply ,I thought my post was a little too long ,just wanted everyone to get a good mental picture of the area .
Davers.......:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread