Guess I'm not the only idiot....

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got off the phone with Sunspot, I had to order a new Stealth scoop.

Why, you may ask?

umm...... don't lean your scoop on the passenger side of your SUV, open the hatchback and put detector in then drive away!!!! :BangHead: some homeless guy now has a new stainless battle axe......

It was a older scoop, pre stealth but had served me well...I will miss it sniff sniff

The funny part is, while I was on the phone with them, I mentioned my dumb move and he said that I was the 3rd guy just recently that had to order a new scoop because of doing the exact same thing LOL

Upvote 0

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ressurected my account just to tell you not to feel bad. I got an angry call from the girlfriend one time after detecting 3 hours past I said I would and took off in a hurry. Left an ace250 and a stealth scoop at the beach...

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Ouch. Bet she was happy!

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once sold a detector to this kid who wanted to get started MD'ing , as a bonus to be a nice guy i gave him my plastic back up scoop.
A week later my coob scoop fell off my motorcycle. Ordered two new scoops , a good one and another cheap plastic one for a back up.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left a PI Pro once. I'm only a couple of minutes from the beach. Got home, no detector. Went back and it was gone. I hope it flooded on the sob who snagged it.

Not quite so painful, I've also had someone steal my sandals.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put MD in Jeep, my cousin calls me, tells me about a hotspot on his property.
Get all excited, jump in the Jeep and take off.
It's a 30 mile ride.
Get there, pull out MD, realize I have no digger.
Either left it leaning against the Jeep or stuck in the ground.
Made 30 mile trip back to where I left it, it was gone.
I now carry 2 diggers.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hear ya. After losing my backpack full of $500 worth of MD equipment and supplies, my wife reminded me of the following: "Put your name and number on your stuff so the next time ya loss your sh** perhaps someone will call."
Yes, Ma-am.

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
a few years ago i left my sun spot and my sand shark leaning against the split rail fence at Venice beach, fl. After driving an hour and a half towards home I realized what I had done and turned around, Hour and a half back and there it was leaning against the railing right where I had left it. Busy, busy parking lot. One of the luckiest days of my life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread