Guess what I just got?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well your going to know right off the bat when you see it.

While waiting for the v4 hardware to come out I had to get something. I don't think my wife noticed yet even though I paired it and am charging it right next to her lol
9ed1de168dfebb8e2d7bfce205a6c4e9.jpg
ffc7b6719f29184af1260990c6dc17ac.jpg
ecb77c48c2819d728c20534c4709838d.jpg
d29728d0fea956aa88cccb53acefcb1d.jpg

The plan this weekend is to see what this 9" coil is all about :)

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your gonna love it.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to try it out. I'm going to take Friday off!

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Remember it is a tone machine, learn in full tones and you will love it even more!

Jim

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Remember it is a tone machine, learn in full tones and you will love it even more!

Jim

Thanks Jim, full tones is all I use. I just purchased the 9" coil to complement the 11" I already have. All this waiting around for the v4 release just gave me the itch to get something right now.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those cases where bigger is not necessarily better. I like the 9" coil better than the 11". It just seems more optimally tuned. Could be my imagination as I have not done exhaustive side-by-side apples-to-apples testing, but all of my great finds have been with the 9" coil. Enjoy it jadocs and let us know if you actually notice a difference between the two.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do!

Mahskeeter

Jun 18, 2016
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those cases where bigger is not necessarily better. I like the 9" coil better than the 11". It just seems more optimally tuned. Could be my imagination as I have not done exhaustive side-by-side apples-to-apples testing, but all of my great finds have been with the 9" coil. Enjoy it jadocs and let us know if you actually notice a difference between the two.
I would have gotten the 11 inch coil if it wasn't from my dealer and most if all the group on here talking about the 9 in. I feel like I made the right choice. It's supposed to be warm today in Michigan. I'm headed out soon! [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of grabbing a 9" coil also, and maybe the hard case.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you just something about that nine. I dont know if hows they wrapped it or what but it hits better than the 11 imo for some reason.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is interesting because I started with the 11" and loved it. I used the 11" a ton for about 8 months before getting the 9". I'd tote both coils on every trip and always start with the 11... and I'd switch over to the 9 and totally hate it and go right back to the 11. The sound difference the 9 made I just didn't like one bit compared to the 11. Once sifting season started this past summer I was forced to use the 9 due to its smaller size. AND... now I cant seem to get back to the 11. I've been using the 9 almost exclusively and love it... when I switch over to the 11 I don't like it anymore. So I can conclude they are both amazing coils since I have found a ton of really nice stuff with each, but they do make things sound different... and if you're used to one over the other, you will not like changing them. I think we are going to prefer which ever coil our ears are used to. This past spring I would have told you I hated the 9! Now I love it! But I know the 11 is incredible... I just have to get back to using it and getting used to what its telling me again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of grabbing a 9" coil also, and maybe the hard case.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Do it...I haven't had the opportunity to hunt with the 9" yet, but I can say without a shadow of doubt that I had wished I had a smaller coil on the occasions that I was detecting tight spots, or rescanning a hole or plug. I am looking forward to getting back to my field full of iron to see how it compares.

The case is very nice too and a lot better quality than it looks.

e712c827d358c616d2d9e77ce7012440.jpg

I have a second Deus for the wife that came with the XP backpack and that thing is flimsy. If I ever eat a real backpack for the Dues, I think I'll get one of these and see some securing straps on the inside.

40dc0bb3db988a08c6703fa52cdfdb05.jpg
5bfcf61868855a6846a8460475ab0ced.jpg
eef05fd4d1f612100e011eab0ac05509.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a short hunt with the 9" today. I like it. I won't say that it noticeably separated targets amongst trash better than the 11", but it definitely made it easier to determine exactly where the target was amongst the trash. I did not feel like I lost any depth either. Looking forward to putting more time in with it. Amazing little coil for sure.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weird thing is its as deep as the 11 imo at least in my test garden. I have seen it hit targets in the iron better too do a little more testing with it you will see what I mean.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to get out tomorrow. I'm already itching

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda happy to hear all the praise for the 9 .the 11 wasn't a package option when I got mine and I've always felt I was missing out.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! The XP Deus is the best iron and trash machine on the market! Stupid fast recovery speed!

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you Bart and the great service you have always given me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions