Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/95538:4:US

The Smith went out of it's banks this morning. Logs, stumps, trees with root balls all a flowin. Go ahead and click on the extended forecast...it says the same thing. :laughing7:

http://northcoastweather.com/river_data/smith_river_levels.htm

I could hear the surf crashing on Kellogg Beach...and it's over three miles from my house! So yeah, it's a rockin and a rollin here. Come on sunny Tuesday!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I hadn't noticed.:laughing7:
In the last 7 days my rain gauge shows over 10+ inches of rain! 50+ wind gusts. Hail, thunder and lightning 37 degrees......if this keeps up I'm moving to cali!

Last edited:

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't be greedy. Let us have some! :laughing7:

I wanna be dredging in a few weeks.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
we had the wacoenviromentalists worst nightmare for weather here in the Midwest the past few days!!! 61 / 72 degrees in the middle of December! How can they NOT be screaming about this terrible weather!!:):) THE SKY IS FALLING FOR SURE!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Karen and I got out this afternoon to see the levels and destruction. Who do we see but delnorter himself up to his elbows cleaning out a culvert on North Bank...AND getting paid to do it!

JK Mike and tyvm for the 12+ hours daily yer puttin in to keep us safe and mobile!

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I hadn't noticed.:laughing7:
In the last 7 days my rain gauge shows over 10+ inches of rain! 50+ wind gusts. Hail, thunder and lightning 37 degrees......if this keeps up I'm moving to cali!

And here I am complaining about the extra wet year with 11.5" of rain... I've got dirt all over the place that needs some dry washing.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11.5" for the entire year?

Yeah, 11.5", for the year.. Its been a wet one, average is 9.5".

And its came all slow and gentle, usually 2/3 of it is gully washers... Really sinking into the ground and making it damp. Lots of
vegetation, tons of critters and snakes.

I've got 20 acres, and not a single tree over 5 feet, and no lawn mower... This year I had to actually go out and buy a weed whacker.

Completely different world.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oops:dontknow:

map_specnewsdct-18_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... Maybe someone here could refresh my failing memory here and remind me what this white stuff is that's falling from the sky! The Cerbats are covered in the stuff and I'm wondering about driving conditions going over Coyote Pass. I don't think I'll be going into Kingman today........ This area is SUPPOSED to be DESERT!!!! That's why I moved here! Costa Rica is looking pretty good about now. 8-)

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bout 50 degrees and 2+" of rain here in WI.

Wish it was dry as I need to strip 5 boxes full of plated chinaware before things get cold. If the weather holds till 2016, I might be able to hit the Superior beaches one last time.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:I hope the jet stream stay's the way it is so far we've been on the warm side of the storms. Grounds not frozen, saving on heating oil. And Bob what's up with the weed wacker. I got a rider, a pusher, lawn sweeper,and a weed wacker they get used weekly. Oh yea' a snow plow, snow blower and like 8 snow shovels. I wish I only got 11.5 inches of water. But I got GOLD!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"The Smith River at Dr Fine Bridge has potentially broken a historical crest record. The peak crest for December 13th, 2015 was 34.79 feet which places this event as the sixth highest record since 1950. The previous sixth place crest was set back in 1990 when the crest made it to 34.12 feet."

smith river.jpg

Flood Gold For Us ALL! And sunny tomorrow is still on!:headbang:

Last edited:

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Bob what's up with the weed wacker. I got a rider, a pusher, lawn sweeper,and a weed wacker they get used weekly. Oh yea' a snow plow, snow blower and like 8 snow shovels. I wish I only got 11.5 inches of water. But I got GOLD!

Here's the back yard... No mower necessary, and I even gave my chainsaw away.

5286034899_5edd9c91c1_z.jpg

I got gold too, there were at least 19 mines up in those mountains, gold was only a by product, but they pulled about 13,000 recorded ounces out. I've pulled some
good gold out of the pile where the septic tank was dug. I pulled a little bit out of the back yard arroyo metal detecting, nothing big, and I think I'm hitting concentrations
of black sand and I've pulled some plus 40's out of the driveway..

The driveway.

15414915588_d0e279f656_c.jpg

Tiny flour out of the holes the dogs dug in the backyard, 4-6 TINY minus 250- pieces per spoonful... And the rocks that came down off the mountain.
In the bigger rocks you can see the quartz go from clear, to white, to yellowish to brown and then to BLACK, the gold seems to be around the black quartz.

I'd rather dig than mow... Then again, I'd also rather drink beer and mow, than have to deal with goat heads.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL. Growing up my Dad used to pay us kids a nickle a piece for every one we pulled. In those days that was a small fortune to us kids! (Don't tell him I'd have done it for free so I wouldn't have had to fix flat bike tires so often. He'll want his money back!)

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL. Growing up my Dad used to pay us kids a nickle a peace for every one we pulled. In those days that was a small fortune to us kids! (Don't tell him I'd have done it for free so I wouldn't have had to fix flat bike tires so often. He'll want his money back!)

Yeah, I remember goat heads were murder on bike tires. Get off the pavement and you got a flat from those things.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are Goat heads? Can't say I ever heard of them the only goat heads we've got run around on four legs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread