Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

Ring #23 for the year came about in a very strange twist of fate..

I went out in an early morning rain shower because I just HAD to get out, so I headed to a school I'd never been to before. On the way there, I passed yet another school by accident so I made a quick u-turn and pulled into the parking lot behind the school. I saw a gigantic play area so I went over to check it out. The wood chips looked kinda fresh, but I decided to check it anyway. To my dismay, I didn't come up with very much except the usual clad, so I left to go to the other school. Once there, I found out I couldn't park on the street and the school seemed to be fenced in. After driving around the block on one-way streets a few times, I decided to come back another day. On the way home, I decided to check that first school's playground a little more thoroughly. After I swore there was nothing else left, one particular area of the chips started to ring out a few coin targets, then the pull tab signal rang out on my display. I started to pull up some chips, and to my surprise I found a nice ring that was bigger than a child's ring. I don't think it's real, but boy what a rush..

I went to a couple more schools and a park on the way back. One plastic ring I found was on top of the ground at the park, and I almost died twice - once when I first saw it laying there by the slide and once when I found out it was plastic! Believe it or not, I dug up the other plastic ring while digging for another target just beneath it..got a laugh out of that one!

Here's the 3 rings..can you pick out the "real" one? I also found a silver earring that's also pictured.

RING4-1.jpg

I didn't think I'd fool anyone..

Here's a couple more pics of the one NOT made of plastic.

RING2-1.jpg

RING1-1.jpg

I also found 2 buttons..one is a plastic imposter (but it was so pretty I decided to take it home) and the other is metal.

RING3-1.jpg

RING5.jpg

I had a great time exploring some new ground..I've searched all the local places to death for years, so this year I began looking for other places a little farther from home.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day..I'm hanging the detector up for the rest of the weekend to spend time with family..if you're on the road, travel safely!

Nat

Upvote 0

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice story and finds, Natman !!

Super pictures !!! :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With all the school's in such a close proximity Natman I find myself shuffling back and forth depending on the activity....Too bad about the fence.Congrat's on the haul and HH!!

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
nice ring. I know about the fences. All the public schools I have found so far here in San Diego are fenced in. I think it has to do with insurance as well as security. HH Ted

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yarrum said:
Love that second button. Any idea what it's off?

I have no idea, but it's pretty cool, aint it?

HH,
Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread