gun. browning ,made belgium

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
seen this gun at my sisters boy friends house that there cleaning up. its got a gold trigger. im not to smart on guns but i ask him what he would want for it. he told me he did not want to sell it but now he gives me a price of 600$ i know ths gun is prob, from the 50s??? but if its what i think it is, it would be well worth it. its a 20ga and he told me the modle was 228 but could not find it on the web. thank you for any help i8 should have looked at the marks but he is going to bring the box over to night

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 885

tradderran

Mar 23, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab
The best I can tell it is a browning A5( IF IT IS IN 90% OR BETTER
IY IS WORTH THE MONEY) But with out having it in my hand I
can not make A firm appraisal. If it is below 90% it would be more like 450.00
See if you can take a better pic and try not to make this one so large.

A

Atlantis0077

Afternoon,

Belgium made Brownings are pricy. If yours is in excellent condition ...is it a "magnum" or standard...magnums bring on average a higher price I would estimate in the 500-700 range depending on model age and condition, perhaps a bit more, but that is a guess. I have seen nice brownings in pawn shops for 350-500 and at gun shows for 800-1200....location location location.

If you want to do a little research on it....a quikkie place would be www.gunbroker.com People sell guns at this site...many descriptions and pictures. You can find just about anything there with a quick search.

If you want more I recommend this book. Blue Book of Gun Values by SP Fjestad....it is in its 28th edition now I believe. One of the best references I know of.

Hope this helps.

Atlantis

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
I agree with kenley...Browning A5....the humpback. In a 12 ga,
it kicked like a mule!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread