Manknee

May 22, 2012
Nj
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 8.5X11 DD COIL, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
%#%# Colt Revolver Deep In Woods 2" deep?Live Rounds

This guy is heavy my goodness. What should i do guys my jaw just hit the floor. This thing is old as heck guys. 20161004_182608.jpg
20161004_182917.jpg

Last edited:
How do i perserve this beautiful beast?

Upvote 0
Awesome! Electrolysis?

Upvote 0
Okay ill be doing that.

Upvote 0
This is why i detect, last hole of the day and i gwt this guy. Full of mud all over my body but i cant stop.

Upvote 0
Rinsing it off, loaded?

Upvote 0
20161004_215321.jpg20161004_215327.jpg

Upvote 0
It won't matter if it's loaded or not, my advice, soak it in apple cider vinegar, with electrolysis you run the risk of losing parts like the trigger and guard.

Upvote 0
I just looked into that couple hours ago, im doing it in vinegar.

Upvote 0
when you are done cleaning it, you should boil it in wax to remove all traces of moisture and leave a sealed surface that will prevent further degrading.

Upvote 0
based on it's shape, it looks like a smith and wesson .38, maybe manufactured in the 1930's

Upvote 0
when you do those finds you need to file every detail, where it was pointing to, and escat location, it might take you to a big treasure. might be a sign to next spot.

Upvote 0
That is an Awesome find, HH

Upvote 0
Its an oldie, im keeping it. Hang on my wall. A gold coin john smith picks up could be from a robbery. Im no criminal, just a law abiding citizen. Ill be posting more pics once i get it clean.:)

Upvote 0
Did all of that, im going to all hammer that spot believe me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back