Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A while back I answered an ad from a gentleman selling 1971-1977 silver dollars. I called, knowing in advance what he had. His asking price was $5 ea. for clad Ikes. He truly thought he had "silver dollars".
Even my aunt, a bank manager, tonite called my daughters Ike dollar a "silver dollar". ffd

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
alexfm123 said:
That sounds like a good deal to me. Im just wondering what he wants them for, that he's willing to pay 2x face for them.

Shoot I could care-less what he wants'em for, I've 120 or so of them, the wife wont let me get rid of them but have spent 30 or so without telling her; wish Rhoda Island was close to me.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm going to look him up and sell whatever I can find. I'll even pay the shipping. Shoot, for that price it is worth it. I could have HUNDREDS from the local banks here. Maybe this is what will work out here.

Yeah, I need to check Craig's list for him. :-)

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
tim2357 said:
I saw his Post http://providence.craigslist.org/wan/1517834802.html so I e-mailed him to find out his buy price for silver as well. we'll see

I never heard back from him. I ofrered to sell him as many of hte Ile's as he wnated, for $1.75 each, which is cheaper than his offer of $2.25. This way I knew he would come to me instead of others. But he never replied.

Either he got toomany emails saying he was stupid, or he was not a buyer in the first place. :-( I'd LOVE to sell some Ikes though for $1.75. IN fact, i was offered some (At $1 eacxh, of course) at the bank again this week. they get them often.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
They are not too hard to find at face if you want them bad enough. Some people on here have even ordered 1000 dollar bags of them from their banks.

Why anyone would pay over face for regular clad Ikes is beyond me.

Jim

foundinrolls

Jun 6, 2006
Let's see....craigslist....

I'm bettin' coins get sent to Rhode Island.....no check comes back for said coins:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions