Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
naturegirl said:
In normal situations the polite thing is not to name names publicaly, but if if you don't id him on this forum, he may just do it again....just saying... and I hate that it happened to you, this is a great site, I want it to stay that way.

lisa

I went to the main page and searched 1280x to see who may have traded one. A couple over the last few months. Don't know if either one is the culprit but one does a lot of trading on here but hasn't posted since mid March. Hard to say whether he's be the one or not. All the trading he did, seems he might have been okay.
Could be he just hasn't been on T-net enough to see any pm's that were sent.

Hope that's the case Monty and it gets resolved.

Al

trainer

Feb 13, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty you have to name this person for the sake of others ,can you remember his avatar and his post name?

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
May the ticks from one thousand treasure hunters infest his nether region :cussing:

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
Monty, You must remember that what goes around always comes around!!!! This guy will get whats coming to him one day. I never put any trust in people today unless I know who they are or they must show reference to doing good buisness in the past. I dont care how bad things get in this world it does not give people the right to take advantage of other people. Sorry for your loss on your money. Maybe the detector company will cut you a break. Let us know how things turn out.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty - it was not your fault - even if he was in a hurry - when I buy something, I want it right away too.

BUT - for all those rip-off artists out there - and karma will get you - for now - here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Monty.........

This is the reason I will only deal with someone who has been on TN for awhile and has built up a reputation..... I know it is bad for the new honest members but that is just the way it has to be for me........If I deal with someone I want to have their name, phone number and address, then I do a search for that address online to be sure it exists, and I will seach the phone number as well.......

Hope it works out Monty, but if it doesn't you really need to post his name and let Marc know so he can ban his IP......

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Post his or her name on here, someone will find them for you. And you might save someone else on here some money!!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post pictures here or send me pictures of the damage! I may be able too help you out. I know a good friend of mine who works for Fisher and they will work with you. Also I have dropped Fishers in water before more then once and I will tell you normally with just some cleaning and drying out they will pop right back up and work or if you send it too the factory they have ways of getting the machine working again!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also please just dont "throw it in trash" If you are contact me! I will make you an offer on it even with damage.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty,
I haven't been here too long, but in the time I have, I see a community that sticks together, and have each other's back. If you don't receive the wanted satisfaction, you need to post his information, and let the chips fall. With all the ticks and fleas that have been sent in his honor, at the very least he'll contact lyme disease!
good luck and keep the faith, people as this individual always slip up,at some point as get their just rewards.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post his or her name on here, someone will find them for you. And you might save someone else on here some money!!

Did you notice this thread is over 2 years old.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty:

Sorry to hear about your pain.

What is the email address, name, and telephone number of the person who did this.
If he is near where I live, I would be glad to talk to him. I am sure that there other treasure hunters out there who would do likewise.
Was it sold as a member classified on Treasure Ne, if so what his sign on name?

Do you have the shipper and are you able to trace it to the address shipped from.

It is possible, that it may of worked fine the last time he used it, and he did not check it condition before shipping.
But I seriously doubt that, as the price you paid was too high (ripped off)
You can easily buy that model detector brand new with two year warranty with an 8" monocoil for less than $630.00
Or less than $750 with both the 8" mono coil and DD 10X14" coil. The underwater head phones cost around $85.00,

As the battery compartment is seperate, a good design feature, the computer circuitry may not of been damaged.
I would call Garrett and give them the serial number of the detector as I am sure that they would like to know about your being burned.
They are a great company to deal with and may be able to help you out!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kshollywood...why dig up a real old thread and comment?I dont get it.You had to know how old it is.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a bunch of threads up and didn't notice the date, it's still good though, if he never got satisfaction.

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....that is indeed sad. Use The Seahunter now since it came out....never a problem but have worn out at least 8 Freedom 3 Plus machines! Hope you git a good water digger me bouy!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Looks like a $650 beating is in order.
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions