Guys (and gals) ... good bye. :-(

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Yes it's true. I'm going to have to go on a long sabbatical from CRH. I am thining literally about 6 years. the things that are takig my time should revert back to much less in about tht timing, but for now? LIfe is just too busy. Tonight I finished my last boxes of pennies, and actually took the Ryedale down and put it in the garage. I haven't done halves in a few months. Nickels were my big thing this year, and I did great on them for a while Hit a real hot streak of 5 - 8 war and/or buffalos PER BOX for about 7 boxes. Someone dumped a collection is all I can think.

But now it is time. I need to do some other things. I need to work on the rentals I keep buying. I've never held it as a secret that I'm buying rentals for investment purposes. They are becoming more labor intense as I get more of them. I need to work on my marriage (My wife is tired of me saying I am going back into my home office to work coins when I am FINALLY done with work for the day - or night.) I need to work on being a father. My son is now 2 1/2, and wants more of my time finally. he deserves it. Add all these together, and CRH needs to step back from my life.

So I say good bye to my friends here on the board. I'll still read the board and from time to time answer questions. But I won't be posting my own finds, or what I've been finding and when you are not able to do it it is not near as much fun to read about it. Like today. While dumping my last twelve boxes of pennies, I found another 1943 steel penny on the magnet at the coin counter. It was attached there waiting for me to grab it. I'll miss that.

But life is more important than a hobby. And this one is ADDICTIVE. :-) In a positive way of course. BUt my obligations are growing rapidly, and I need to cut something back. It's been great and I think of you guys like an extended family. Pete - I've got ONE 2011D dime for you, and that's all guy. But I'll get that out to you shortly. By the end of this week.

"Be well" is what I have to say to all my CRH friends out there. I shall strive to do the same. :-)

John

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
thank you for all of your recent contributions to the forum, and hopefully we can all stay in touch, and ill be here when you come back. good luck on it all! Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you the very best of luck. You are making a wise decision. I too have decided that CRH'ing just isn't worth it for me. There are other things in life that are way more important. :icon_thumleft:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hello and see ya later around, new friend! :hello:

Good for you, with your love for family, and what is truly important, for your life!
Stay 'addicted', just a little! But, as with most, moderation can be key. :laughing7:
May all your endevors be blessed! :angel8:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you the best John. Going to miss you on this board but you have your priorities right. Family is most important. MM2(Joe)

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I'd like to add my thanks to you for all of your contributions here, too. Your writings about the Ryedale are the reason I finally pulled the trigger and purchased one.

Raise your son, and love your wife. Those two are the absolute most important things you have. We'll all be here when you have time to return.

Best wishes, and Godspeed.

Roger

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Hey, John!
Your contributions to this board have always been thoughtful, useful, and classy. You set a great example for others. Thank you. I hope to stay in touch.
- Grizz

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Hope to see your posts again someday.Coins will always be here maybe not so much silver :laughing7:.But there will be something to search.Good Luck!!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see you on here again sometime, but I know what you mean. I've had to take breaks myself. Now I just try to get out once a week or so, sometimes less than that. Best of luck to you

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
John,

Good luck.. You've given out some great advice here... Hopefully you'll be back. Take care.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those sound like good reasons to take a break to me. Drop in every now and then if you find a wheatie in your pocket change.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
peace for now... thanks for your inputs... and advice... please try to stay around every few days pop in or so ;)

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how things should be prioritized--and you picked the best--your baby!

Good Luck and wish you well. When it is time, you can resume very easily!

apush :read2:

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
John, you have been an outstanding contributor to all of us on crh. You took your time to answer several of my questions which I really appreciated. You truly have set your priorities in the right order. Family comes before first. Good luck and hope you come back in the future.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Glad to hear you're putting your priorities first. Heck, maybe in a few years you'll look through some coins with your son and you'll both enjoy it.

M

MiniMe

ramjet2187 said:
Raise your son, and love your wife. Those two are the absolute most important things you have.

Amen to that. Hobbies in moderation and maybe someday you can teach your son all about it and it will be something you two can do together. Good luck.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like nothing but good times ahead! I always enjoyed reading your posts. I will definitely be hanging up the towel when we are blessed with a little one someday as well.

:icon_thumright:

-Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread