Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out one more time before the snow hits my area. The highlight of the day was the 1789 George Washington inaugural button at the last site of the day. Also got some ornate colonial buckles, as well as 9 buttons in a single hole at another site. The snowy pic is actually one of the cellar holes that gave up the goods.

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 6.jpg
4.jpg 5.jpg

Upvote 50
OP
OP
Dust Eater

Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did you treat the surface of it to make it look less dry in that photo?
You really wanna know? At first I tried the gentle approach with a toothbrush, but it didn't have any effect. The button appeared to be slightly burned/corroded when it came out of the ground, so I I hit it with a good scrubbing from a brass bristle brush that I had laying around. The result is the shiny surface. The button appeared stable enough to clean in this way and didn't have any of that leftover surface patina that you sometimes get on copper buttons. I don't regret the move.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer relic hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out one more time before the snow hits my area. The highlight of the day was the 1789 George Washington inaugural button at the last site of the day. Also got some ornate colonial buckles, as well as 9 buttons in a single hole at another site. The snowy pic is actually one of the cellar holes that gave up the goods.

View attachment 1886482 View attachment 1886483
View attachment 1886484 View attachment 1886487
View attachment 1886485 View attachment 1886486

Your problem was you didn’t put your thread title in all bold type with lots of exclamation points🤪

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really wanna know? At first I tried the gentle approach with a toothbrush, but it didn't have any effect. The button appeared to be slightly burned/corroded when it came out of the ground, so I I hit it with a good scrubbing from a brass bristle brush that I had laying around. The result is the shiny surface. The button appeared stable enough to clean in this way and didn't have any of that leftover surface patina that you sometimes get on copper buttons. I don't regret the move.

Yes, Thanks because I think it turned out really well. :thumbsup:
Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread