Gypsy, question

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I can if I have it...I have alot of files that I have been sent due to research over the years....some I know the county ...some I dont.....I figure if a Tnet member lives close to one of the towns,they would be able to recognize the town name and seek permission to hunt the property....I hope that all the places I am posting will provide hunting sites for our members.....

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moholedigger said:
On your pictures, could you put the county name prior to the description. I realize some people just look at your posts to see the picture. However, others are using it to get ideas for hunts. A county name would be quite helpful in that regard.

Thanks
What pictures are you referring to? I think that I can name the counties for all so far...Steve

OP
OP
M

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Steve,

I'm just looking, as I assume everyone is, for sites that may be close to where I live... but if I don't know the name of the area or cemetery, etc., how would I know? If it looks like a good site, I would travel 2-3 counties, or more, away to hunt.
For me, that would be Boone, Cole, Callaway, Audrain, Howard, Randolph, Macon, Monroe, etc.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moholedigger said:
Steve,

I'm just looking, as I assume everyone is, for sites that may be close to where I live... but if I don't know the name of the area or cemetery, etc., how would I know? If it looks like a good site, I would travel 2-3 counties, or more, away to hunt.
For me, that would be Boone, Cole, Callaway, Audrain, Howard, Randolph, Macon, Monroe, etc.
The pictures that Gypsy posted are all in Southern Missouri....It looks like you are interested in Mid Central and Northern Counties....I deer hunted last year near Paris Missouri, in Monroe County.....The fairgrounds there has been in operation since the 1800's, and unlike so many other fairgrounds....are not covered up with concrete...just 33 acres of detectable landl. In 1896 10,000 people attended a 4th of July picnic there. Didnt have my detector with me but I wish that I had. .With a little research you will find where there was also all kinds of Civil War activity in and around the crossroads leading to that town. The town also burnt a couple of times....was home too the third highschool in the state of Missouri....I was going to keep this for myself but it is a five hour drive for me...sooooo....good luck.....Steve

OP
OP
M

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've actually hunted the Paris Fairgrounds.. HUGE area. Found some clad near the backstop.... but didn't have near enough time. Lots of bad signals.... Interesting enough, the fairgrounds also housed a large contingent of CCC workers back in the early 1900's. I'm sure their is alot there, but I need to get better in tune with my detector before I hit it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread