vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post RGHINNOVATIONS - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found California Unfound Shipwrecks - Know of any? (Jul 07, 2012, 09:16 PM)...
Here is one for you. In 1913, a steamer named the "H. J. Corcoran" capsized off of Meiggs Wharf in San Francisco. While the vessel itself was salvaged, a safe containing $30,000 in gold bullion was lost in the harbor mud. I can find no record of it ever being found.
tn_moved_over.gif
3rd - moved this thread from General Discussion over to Shipwrecks for more exposure.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RGH,
Welcome to Treasurenet !!!
No doubt the target of $50,000 in two bags of gold from the Selby Mining Co. would be an attractive target if still out there, but where would one begin to look since the accident was in dense fog and after the collision the Corcoran 'turned turtle' and drifted with the current out to sea before being snagged and towed back to port?
Don.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread