Had A Ball Today.......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A close friend of mine has asked me about hunting coins several times in the last 4-5 months. I told her what I did & how I go about it & why. I have tried to get her to take a day off and come with me to show her but she never was able to. Well, last night she called and said she was taking the day off today and finally wanted to go.

I had 8 boxes at two banks. She had $1000 to play with so the deal was I would put up $1000 so we could buy all four boxes at one bank.....then dump and go buy the other four boxes...then dump and I would get my $1000 back and she would keep all the silver found and of course the balance of her $1000.

To make a long story short......after 7 boxes we found 77 keepers including 6 Franklin's and 2 Walkers and about 20 or so 64's and the balance 40%. The last box we opened had 3 silver showing and she wanted to save it to go through it with her husband. We even took one of the rolls and carefully unrolled one end and took two clad coins out and inserted the 2 Walkers and crimped it back real nice looking. She wanted her husband to unroll that one. We had a heck of a laugh at out little devious trick. She is going to call me later after they go through the box with the results.

I may have created some competition (not really).....lol....but we had a great time today. She was amazed at how filthy coins are....lol. They really are!!

We would stop at Starbucks and get coffee and start our search in the parking lot...laughing at how people would watch us as wrappers were flying all over the car....lol....we had a great time.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG, there are 2 of you now. The state's not big enough for both of you. I cancelled a house purchase today in Bossier City. I can't handle all the competition.
Can we call her LJ Jr or does she have a moniker yet ?

Congrats on your new cub "Momma Bear" Jim

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, two more girlfriends and you can be "Silver in the City." Are you the Miranda, the Charlotte... ;D

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Allways nice to have help searching the half's! Sound like you
both had some good fun on a good haul! Motor on! 8)

RT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread