Had a cardiac moment....

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hunting my neighbor's yard the other day....he and his family had to move out due to storm damage....so I decided to go over and hunt his yard....found lots of clad and then hit a wheat patch and found several wheaties....then I got THE SIGNAL.....dug down and found a Merc....thought it was one from the 40's....nope....was a 1916.....flipped it over and prayed....it has an S....NO D.....oh well I guess it is still a good find.....worth $20....I will take it....see ya later...... :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Yup, still a good find. Alot of the 16's you are lucky to even see a mint mark they get so worn.

i bet you was hoping and praying for that d when you turned it over
maybe next time

Maybe you can use that money to help out your neighbor :help: did they give you permission? ???

Yes I had permission....and the owner told me I could keep whatever I found.....if I had found a D...he would not have taken the money....I would have offered it to him but I am 99% sure he would have told me to keep it....next time I see him over there working I will show him the Merc and tell him the story......

Lastleg:

Nice ....... ? you saying I said something bad? From what I read it was written as a no no
But the person took the time to corrected himself :hello2:, I don't encourage trespassing, if you do

Trainer

trainer:

Sorry I hadn't noticed you're New York. No wonder you dissed him like that. Pudz is a good ol' Arkansas southerner who respects his neighbors.
His own home was almost destroyed by a tornado and repaired it all himself.
His neighbor had to move away temporarily and told Pudz he could detect all
he wanted to.

Pudsbrat is a member of a Metal Detecting Club started by my old buddy and
mentor since the late 60's. All those Mena clubbers were taught the ettique of
responsible detectorists. 'nuff said

lastleg

Been there done that! I'm still hoping for a D to pop up one of these days. Found 4 S mints so far. Nothing like that gets the old heart pumping ;D

Sorry I hadn't noticed you're New York. No wonder you dissed him like that.

lastleg,whats N.Y. have to do with it.You get on trainer for being disrespectful to one person.You just disrespected an entire state.Got something against Yankee's do you?

btw, nice finds pudsbrat and happy hunting.

Nice dime.
I've dug loads of dimes over 45 years and still not one super rare date.
teddy

last leg:
what's haw haw haw isn't it ha ha ha Now there you go insulting my NY neighbor, but us New Yorker can take it

pudsbrat dont listen to last leg you did good in asking for permission I just read your writing the wrong way congrats with the merc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back