Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wife and I were at our permission this evening. Almost immediately the wife noticed large piles of dirt where the ground had been opened up. She yelled over to me something about someone else detecting there and leaving one heck of a mess, holes, large holes everywhere. I was still getting ready to hunt and when she asked if she should fill them back in, I said, yeah, go for it. Then when I was all ready, I headed over to where she was talking about and was shocked at what I could see. She was busy pushing dirt back into the holes as well as she could. I walked over and stared at a large area that she hadn't gotten to yet and stared/studied the mess.
I had seen hog sign numerous times over the years having hunted them with and with out dogs. This was hog sign for sure and as I searched the various rooted areas, I found numerous hog tracks. I stopped a guy that had been on the property and warned him about the hog sign. He was surprised but then said that it made sense for what he had seen in the back area. He also said that someone had been putting corn out where the deer sign was pretty heavy. Anyways, We hunted for a little bit but then I decided that we had better go talk to one of the men that I knew that was over the property. To make a long story short, the guy had already received several complaints that the guy that was detecting was tearing up the place. He had gone to see for himself and realized that there was no way that I could have done it. He said it was too much and he knew that I wasn't physically able to do that much. I explained that it was at least one hog and he agreed but then I told him about the corn being put out where the deer sign was. Illegal hunting? anyways, the Game and Fish will be contacted and the permission maintained. I knew that someone would be quick to blame me for the damage to the property and they did. It/they did it last night or before daylight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread