Had a fun time at the soccor field with the deus

Aug 1, 2014
Went to a local soccer field today for a couple hours. I'm running the Deus with Andy's coin program and ha a lot of fun.

image-168519574.jpg

Going back tomorrow. I also have one lonely Etrac

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Poor little Etrac...

GL&HH.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious how the Deus feels to swing, relative to another modern detector.

I have a light machine (Fisher F70) but I can get a pretty sore elbow after 6 hours or so.

OP
OP
ldbburg@gmail.com
Aug 1, 2014
Both rings were 925 silver I have a 9 inch coil. I set the detector up with Andy's coin program and took it to a local field just trying to get use to it. I took it back today and found a 1945 mercury dime with an "s" for the mint mark.

OP
OP
ldbburg@gmail.com
Aug 1, 2014
The Deus is a lot lighter than the Etrac. I am not familiar with the fisher but I can say that the Deus is light and as long as I use the forearm strap I never get fatigued. I have the bigger ws5 head phones but they are too hot in this Ohio weather so I carry the control unit in my hand.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and great work! The XP is a great detector!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. Enough silver rings there to make it worth your while to search with a gold jewelry program.
If there's a lot of trash, notch out anything under 43 at 18KHz. That eliminates the foil juice lids that are usually everywhere.
Gold rings seldom come in under 45 anyhow unless they are extremely thin. If its a clean field then run your notch down in the low 20's
That will net you gold earrings and most gold chains but a lot of smaller surface foil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread