Had a great 2008 year and Made new friends!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! I will keep this short...I have had a great detecting year! This is my first year getting back into detecting. Even if it was only 6 months, I still met many Treasurenet Members and I had also got to go to older sites and discover the joys of the hobby! Since going to college, I have found it very stressful after the first quarter. Metal detecting was a way to relieve that stress. It also carried me through the summer months, as I had fun meeting Nate(JuJu) who became a lifelong friend and detectorist buddy. I have also met 49er (Jim) who is really cool to talk to and I hope to do more hunts with him in the future. The last two people I have met is my Minelab Owner, who let me buy the detector and got me started out more om depth with the hobby. Also Tim was another person who I met, which I hope to be able to hunt more with.

I had a great year and made many firsts! We got snow last night and they expect it until the end of December, so I may not get out detecting until January. In the time being, I will be posting regularly on T-net and replying on other peoples finds. Thanks for such a great year treasurenet!!!!! :)

Now here is my best finds of 2008! ENJOY! Click the link to view show

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/Armymanis/?action=view&current=989c7ed2.pbw

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detectingfreak said:
Hey guys! I will keep this short...I have had a great detecting year! This is my first year getting back into detecting. Even if it was only 6 months, I still met many Treasurenet Members and I had also got to go to older sites and discover the joys of the hobby! Since going to college, I have found it very stressful after the first quarter. Metal detecting was a way to relieve that stress. It also carried me through the summer months, as I had fun meeting Nate(JuJu) who became a lifelong friend and detectorist buddy. I have also met 49er (Jim) who is really cool to talk to and I hope to do more hunts with him in the future. The last two people I have met is my Minelab Owner, who let me buy the detector and got me started out more om depth with the hobby. Also Tim was another person who I met, which I hope to be able to hunt more with.

I had a great year and made many firsts! We got snow last night and they expect it until the end of December, so I may not get out detecting until January. In the time being, I will be posting regularly on T-net and replying on other peoples finds. Thanks for such a great year treasurenet!!!!! :)

Now here is my best finds of 2008! ENJOY! Click the link to view show

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/Armymanis/?action=view&current=989c7ed2.pbw
Your the man DF. I had a great season this year.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

S

seger98

Nice slide show, coins, rings & more... I like finding the things like the thimble & the figurine that you found! Nice season. :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stress reliever for sure DF......nothing like a few hour's at your favorite spot and diggin' up the goodie's.Congrat's on some sweet find's for 08' and Best Wishe's in 09'.Happy Holiday's :thumbsup:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, looks like you had a Great 2008!

HH,Ringfinder

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nice that you got out and made some new friends. I was able to do the same things. Looks like you had a decent year. HH and good luck for 09 Ron

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive finds, DF.....WTG!! :thumbsup:
I'm getting better with my new SE, but got a long way to go
before I can post finds like yours and many others. It is a
relaxing hobbie and seems to relieve stress. Happy Holidays
and hope the snow melts soon. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds, looks like a great year! HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive finds, DF! Loved the slide show...hopefully '09 will bring you much, much more. Good Luck and Happy Hunting, DF.

:wink: RR

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Thumbs Up!.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread