had a little time before heading to work.....my finds

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Hit the ATV trails again this morning before work. My wife left for a job interview and before she got down the street I had the Ace 250 in the car and drove down to my ATV trail spot. I haven't been there in a while and wanted to go through it again. I figured I would try the grass areas instead of the dirt paths this time. I was in the vicinity of where I found the 2 large cents and got a funky signal so put it in all metal mode and found what the detector was beeping on. It turned out to be a belt buckle! Tha is my first for me. It is not a great buckle and not sure what it was for...possibly the reins for a horse?? Any help IDing it would be appreciated.

I went into the grass and got some more signals and saw a few feet away from me a stone wall. I got a signal and dug up the pocket knife. Any ideas on when they started making them? Could anyone help me age it?

Went over a little bit from the wall and saw a depression in the ground that had sticks and branches covereing it and it has a bunch of stones there also. I have to investigate it more but it could have been a well or a cistern.

Went on the top side of the wall (wall is actually like a retaining wall) and found the scrollwork metal thing. Possibly decorative for a chest or something?

Walked a little more and came up with the small shovel head. Found an old metal frame bedspring/cot also. Got a door hinge that measures about 18 inches long. The ruler next to it is a 15 inch ruler.

Went back towards the wall to check out the depression and to take some pics of the wall. Found shards of pottery on the ground. They are in the first pic also.

Now I just have to figure out if it is a retaining wall or a foundation and if that is a well or just a depression in the ground. The branches over makes me feel that someone was covering it. Also there was a metal pole of about 3 feet sticking out of it. I pulled the pole out but did not remove the branches. Will work on that area on another trip.

Anyway, enjoy the pics and if anyone wants to see the retaining wall to help me figure out what it is I will post pics of it also.

HH

Funkman

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice finds Funkman! that knife looks like an older lever style switch blade, clean it up and post a new pic.

kenb

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
That spot of yours holds lots of potential............good luck

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, seems like you found that home site you were looking for! Probably a lot more there, good luck and dig it all. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread