Had a nice surprise today!

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hi Everyone,

Well I took some of my coins down to the Coinstar machine and no matter how good you check yur coins out, sometimes they surprise you. After they had gone through and I checked the kickout tray (which usually has Canadian coins in it), I found a 1944 Quarter, a 1958 and 1961 silver dime. I was really happy. I have come to the conclusion that the Coinstar machines don't like silver coins. There has been 3 other times where people have left the coins in the kickout tray and I have found merc dimes and silver quarters in them. The other surprise today was that our Churches picnic was today and they always have bingo. Usually I have to work, but today I was able to enjoy myself and I was playing bingo with my wife. Now...I never win at bingo...EVER, and every game I had played was exactly the same. I wasn't even close to winning, so the last game is a cover all and I'm going along and it wasn't long before I was 2 number away from winning, so they call 2 more numbers and I didn't have them, then the next 2 numbers were mine and I won! I won $25.00. Not alot but it was sure nice to win finally. I received alot of moans and dirty looks from some ladies, but oh well. I had a big grin on my face. I got out yesterday, but didn't find much. Just a few dollars in clad, but it was a nice day. Tonight its suppose to rain and get colder out and I am not ready for winter yet. It seems like every year Summer goes by faster. I just maybe I work to much! LOL I hope you all had a good weekend. Take care!

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Steve,

What a nice surprise...congratulations on winning at bingo.

1st time I saw a Coinstar machine...I nearly went nutz watching the college students hauling in money to be converted. Made me want to dig in and look for old coins. Now that you say you think the machines don't like silver cause it kicks them back out. Well, that's a good excuse to check the machines for kickouts.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread