Had about an hour this evening....

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I have been detecting an old blacksmith's shop just down from my house - yesterday I pulled out a very heavy bullet, turned out to be a Starr Carbine from the Civil War, today I went back and found this button below: on the front is a design made of flowers and the backmark reads - EXTRA **B&B** - I think it is B&B, its hard to read.

Do any of you guys know if the button is also CW era??? Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 06192006.jpg
    06192006.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 061806bullet.jpg
    061806bullet.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. The button design does look like something from the 1850's or early 60's. I'm just going by appearance though.

There must be some nice iron relics to be dug around an old blacksmith shop... have you gotten any loud "iron" signals that you passed by?

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, christopher, sorry, I can't help you with the button, but it's a nice find. :)

I have an area where there was a shop in the 1870's. I haven't asked permission yet because I'm not sure it will be worth looking. I imagine it's full of large LOUD signals. Did you find anything else there?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Going to have to search ,but I know that alot of the civil war era buttons had the word Extra on the back mark. Should be able to narrow it down tho if that indeed says B&B Nice find

OP
OP
christophernixon

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Lots of loud iron signals around this place - I have not dug too many of them though. I did find some type of silver coin shaped item. It is slick on both sides and about the size of a nickel - I have no idea what it is. I plan on spending a lot of time there this weekend.

Thanks for looking and for your kind words.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread