Had an Okay Day Detecting- Knife and a Buckle

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning I noticed that most of the snow had melted in the woods behind my house. So I headed for a site of an old farming road. I began to start swinging my coil and pretty soon I got a nice low tone. I began to dig with a surprising amount of ease because the leaves insulated the ground so it could not freeze and soon pull out this nice little brass buckle.
buckle.JPG
After walking down the road, finding a lot of trash, I tried my luck on a bank above the old road. After a few minutes I got a pretty good high-low tone on my machine. I tried to dig, but the part of the bank I was on was exposed dirt, so the frost had gotten to it. After chipping away for a few minutes and checking how close I was to the object with my Propointer, I finally broke through the frost layer. After some more careful digging the tip of the knife (which at the time I thought was a pocket knife) poked out of the dirt. After some more digging, as not to damage anything, I finally wiggled the knife free and pulled it out.
silver palatedknife.JPG
This knife has a stamped mark reading "S.S. Co." on the blade

So overall this was a pretty good day for me! Thanks for reading.

Upvote 6
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions