Had another brain fart

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to feed the cows yesterday, and while i was waiting for the calf's to get done i decided to detect, the ground looked freeze dryed so i thought what the heck and got a good signal ,layed my detector down to do my big jump on my shovel and man did i feel like Wiley coyote, you know a shovel has really got some spring to it when its 10 degrees and the ground is like a rock, it flipped me for a loop, i then remembered all the to cold to detect threads on here :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel your pain!

In Massachusetts, our open ground is frozen solid, but the woods still offer a bit of hope at least for the time being.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I sit here nursing my JAVA:coffee2: I know I have a few wooded spots only a few minutes away I can still manage to get a shovel into the loamy soil. Then my partially frost bitten fingers still a bit numb from pushing it too far a week ago remind me it just isn't worth it. I was actually checking reviews on heated gloves to keep on the hunt but, the better ones cost about $180.00 dollars!:o Not to mention I have a lot of flat surface recovery I need to do in my home from hauling a seasons worth of finds home and displacing every flat and level spot available with them. I do need to get out and make sure my car starts in this single digit weather. Jeff of Pa has been experiencing some issues with a frozen motor not wanting to crank over. I don't need that. Say hey to Bessie for me.:hello:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No problem here for making my mind up if I'll be able to get some digging done. First photo is for those are in the land of the down under.:)

20180101_073242.jpg fullsizeoutput_344.jpeg

Last edited:

searching 4

Dec 6, 2017
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
garret ace 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been any where from -3 to the mid teens here for the last week , I probably wont be heading out for awhile , like maybe March or April....lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....i may have to take my batteties out....till spring thaw.....but i don't want to.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out. It's been horrible cold this whole week. Last night 4 degrees. So today, smokeythehardhead went to the edge of the woods to see about detecting. I got through the 4 inches of icy ground with no problems. Not one, First smack and I was through. The mistake is to use a shovel. You have to have a pick ax, THEN resort to small bladed shovel. I'm going to the beach tomorrow it's going to warm up to 21 degrees and a whopping 32 on Wednesday.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to have a pick ax, THEN resort to small bladed shovel.

APB: Be on the lookout for a man with pick ax roaming the woods. Considered armed and dangerous. Shoot first and ask questions later...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread